I was in need of a spring pattern SS helmet cover, but I didn't have any, I was out of money, and I can't sew the small curves yet. I decided to made one out of athletic tape (it's ironic that I would have athletic tape, but I found some in the loose parts bin). I carefully stretched a strip of the tape over the top of a DML helmet shell to minimize wrinkles and folds. I then cut to semi-circles and stuck them on the sides, overlapping the edges of the top strip. I painted the entire cover in tan paint, with several layers to get into every fold and under the overlaps of the 3 pieces. I made the camo in an SS plane-tree overprint, not showing any number on it, because of the several patterns, I might be wrong on the pattern # for the colors I used. I lightly mixed some green in with the tan, and painted an oakleaf pattern, slightly subdued on all 3 panels. The top panel had the best pattern, so I put dark grey-green-brown spots on it. The sides got the blocks of the pattern, as the oakleaf pattern kinda sucked. I then hand-painted on all the stitching with off-white paint and an 18/0 brush. The, i trimmed the inside to remove all the pleating from folding the tape over the helmet, and added helmet clips from steel wire. I still need to improve the pattern, but it works well enough for me.