One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received the Sparta Warrior a few weeks ago, and I really like her out of the box. But she feels somewhat bare, so I thought I'd give her some additional clothing, maybe it'll provide a little more protection perhaps?

So here's my process while making the skirt/belt:

Drawing and printing the template and then cutting the leather:

Here's every piece cut and glued into place:

After a test fitting, I decided to scrap the first design because I thought it looked too masculine, here's the second design. I decided to increase the number of strips and make them narrower:

Then I painted it a sort of a dark chocolate brown, and with some black dry brushing to make them look worn and used. Now it's time to add the metal rivets. I used rounded pins, just cut off the head and glue it in place:

Here's all the rivets glued in place, decided to add 3 larger gold colored rivets (from rounded nails):

Last step I decided to add some twisty/bendy wires to each strip, so they can be poseable:

And here's how it looks on her:

Hope you guys like it :) Any comments or criticism is highly appreciated

UPDATE:

Since quite a few were interested, I've added a link to the template.

(Ai file contains 2 versions + measurements)
Dropbox - Error

If you encounter any problems with the link, just let me know, and I'll try to fix it.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Re: Custom skirt/belt for Phicen Sparta Warrior

Beautiful piece of work and definitely an improvement, also totally consistent in style with her existing studded greaves, so it fits right in. For that matter it's probably closer to historical also.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Much better, what did you use to secure it at the back , a buckle or laces?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you guys! I'm really grateful for all your feedbacks :D

Looks great. What kind of leather did you use to do that?
They were scrap leather I got from a local sofa repair shop, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think they're some sort of faux/artificial leather.

Much better, what did you use to secure it at the back , a buckle or laces?
Initially I was going for Velcro, but now they're temporarily held together by Blu Tack/putty.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Attaboy.

That's very well done and I'm thinking seriously about shamelessly ripping off your idea.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts

Attaboy.

That's very well done and I'm thinking seriously about shamelessly ripping off your idea.
Me too, I'm looking at Sparta and thinking about shamelessly ripping off that skirt... somehow that didn't come out right. :wink

·
Registered
883 Posts

Fantastic work. What are the specifications (length and width) for the strips? I am going to try to copy what you did. I had planned to make a skimpier flap i.e. Wonder Woman in the DC Kingdom Come comics but decided to drop the idea after seeing what you've done.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts

That is really well done. I foresee a lot of people ripping off this idea to improve their Sparta. :thumb

1 - 20 of 42 Posts