One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am a big fan of oldschool Lara Croft, I wanted a figure of her. However I didn't find any whitch is really based on the classic games... So I decided to make one :)
Modified and repainted a noname ebay find headsculpt and sewed/crotcheted/painted all the clothes and accessories. Also soldered a pair of sunglasses for her. Now I'm happy :)
All the opinions and inquiries are welcome and appreciated :)

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you :) I really enjoyed to make her and now I think I can love this figure more than if I would just buy a factory one.
First I got an SW Our World Lara, but she didn't mean to much for me -already decided to make just a montaineer girl out of her...
I can't deal with the new Lara Croft... the classic one and the first 5 games meant the whole world for me in my childhood so stuck with her :D

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you :) She gets nice complements on all forums I am very happy about it!
I still enjoy and am into making her stuff, so decided, if anyone is interested of getting one of her, I can undertake making a limited number of the sets :)

· Registered
81 Posts
The classic one and the first 5 games meant the whole world for me in my childhood so stuck with her :D
I feel exactly the same, and I'm glad u did stick with her. The first 6 games (yep, the Angel of Darkness too... despite its many bugs, I really, really liked it :blank) also made a big part of my childhood. Tomb Raider 1 was the first 3D game I played in my life and, oh boy, it was a ride. For me it was a big revolution. She's always been a strong icon for me.
From Legends on, it lost a bit of touch. *ranting mode on* The reboot one just isn't Lara Croft. She just bear the same name, the only similarity to me. They didn't need to make her "more human", "complex", "believable", "with more feelings". It's a video-game, it's fiction. Nathan Drake is closer to the old Lara Croft than this new one. *ranting mode off*
I loved the no-f*cks-giver, badass, kickass, nicea... ermm... Lara-Freakin-Croft.
Now seeing your artwork representing her the best way possible just makes me speechless. I can't write kudos enough.
The attention you gave to details, glasses, boots, backpack... everything, is just amazing.

Thank you for sharing your work and passion.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I totally agree with your words. I just watched again gameplay videos of the new games. Nothing has left from the original Lara. The new seems like to be formed after the taste of recent trends.
It could work well if they give a new name for their character. This way I think they just made dissappointed a lot of old fans.
But there's some hope, for example the Tomb Raider: Dagger of Xian fan remake seems to have the same atmosphere like the old games. I wish that feeling back.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes originally was Monica :) I modified a bit repainting the lips and around the eyes.
She is such a good base for a Lara head, however the next challenge will be dremeling off her wide chin :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I feel exactly the same, and I'm glad u did stick with her. The first 6 games (yep, the Angel of Darkness too... despite its many bugs, I really, really liked it :blank) also made a big part of my childhood. Tomb Raider 1 was the first 3D game I played in my life and, oh boy, it was a ride. For me it was a big revolution. She's always been a strong icon for me.
From Legends on, it lost a bit of touch. *ranting mode on* The reboot one just isn't Lara Croft. She just bear the same name, the only similarity to me. They didn't need to make her "more human", "complex", "believable", "with more feelings". It's a video-game, it's fiction. Nathan Drake is closer to the old Lara Croft than this new one. *ranting mode off*
I loved the no-f*cks-giver, badass, kickass, nicea... ermm... Lara-Freakin-Croft.
Now seeing your artwork representing her the best way possible just makes me speechless. I can't write kudos enough.
The attention you gave to details, glasses, boots, backpack... everything, is just amazing.

Thank you for sharing your work and passion.
I sent you a pm, maybe your mail signed it as spam (so did it mine)

· Say what?
9,484 Posts
Excellent work. I especially like the sunglasses.

The whole package is a damn fine tribute.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.