One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting in this community and these are my first two attempts at custom 1/6 scale figures. I used the Kaustic Plastic muscular bodies for both figures and then mixed and matched clothes and equipment to achieve the themes I was going for. I will say that Monkey Depot and Ebay were my two biggest allies in achieving these models, but there were some sacrifices made, especially for the Deadpool character, just because there seemed to be less options available for equipment and clothing related to the theme. Without further ado...

Punisher: Heavy Artillery Theme

I wanted full body armor, kind of like those two bank robbers in LA 20 years ago. I wanted Punisher to be able to take on a small army and kick it's tail. I wanted thigh armor, but couldn't find it anywhere related to a modern military style, so I settled for a drop leg holster and a pair of binoculars in the pocket on the other leg. I painted the mask shield and gatling gun and then used tactical Velcro punisher skulls to attach to the body armor vest. Originally, I thought about painting them on or adding more Velcro to make the skulls look more flush with the vest, but I kind of like how they stand off a bit, almost like they are additional pieces of armor. Biggest problem is that one of the ankle joints from the Kaustic Plastic body is not stiff and if I's not balanced just right, it will tip over. Other than that, let me know what you think.

Deadpool: Western Theme

Initially, I was thinking a Western clothing Deadpool with modern weaponry, but then realized I wanted the theme to be coherent, so I went all western weaponry, except for the katana blade. I rationalized this because I thought a Deadpool back in the old Western times could have traded for the sword, since these blades predate western themed weaponry. I wanted two swords mounted to the back, but again, ran into trouble finding a second Sideshow right katana, this part of the project is incomplete. Secondly, I wanted dual six shooter pistols that were real metal with fancy ivory colored handles, but again settled for was available. The hat and bandana are a bit oversized, but I think they still work.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any comments, suggestions, or opinions.

My next models are going to be Storm Shadow and Ghost in the Shell, Major Motoko Kusanagi...

IMG_2135.JPG IMG_2133.JPG IMG_2130.JPG IMG_2128.JPG IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2135.JPG IMG_2133.JPG IMG_2130.JPG IMG_2128.JPG IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2030.jpg IMG_2032.jpg IMG_2034.jpg

·
Registered
406 Posts
There was a 1 6 Hasbro GI Joe Shockblast figure that came out awhile ago that had leg armor. It was around the same time that Art-Toys released their "Saves" figure. I couldn't find pics of thr armor during a superficial search i just did, but the only reason I bought that Joe figure was for the leg armors for my Punisher.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for the reference to search from. You should post pics of your punisher with the leg armor! :).

There was a 1 6 Hasbro GI Joe Shockblast figure that came out awhile ago that had leg armor. It was around the same time that Art-Toys released their "Saves" figure. I couldn't find pics of thr armor during a superficial search i just did, but the only reason I bought that Joe figure was for the leg armors for my Punisher.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry, but Frank was cannibalized for parts to work on an Agent Venom figure. The armor lost somewhere in one of my parts bins. If found, I'll post pics of them on a body wearing black cargo pants and boots to give you an idea.

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the reference to search from. You should post pics of your punisher with the leg armor! :).
They also came with this figure, too, which also has a good crossbow:

And this accessory set:

I don't think they provide "ballistic protection", per say, but they do look cool and maybe Frank could add his personal touch. :ar15
Very cool Punisher, BTW. :thumb Might I suggest turning the magazine in the Barrett .50 rifle around. It's backwards. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't believe I put the magazine in backwards! Nice catch, appreciate the feedback. I did this late at night and it shows how many years it's been since I've been to the range. :)

They also came with this figure, too, which also has a good crossbow:

And this accessory set:

I don't think they provide "ballistic protection", per say, but they do look cool and maybe Frank could add his personal touch. :ar15
Very cool Punisher, BTW. :thumb Might I suggest turning the magazine in the Barrett .50 rifle around. It's backwards. :)

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Damn nice looking figures.

I especially like your take on Deadpool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts