One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, took the whole of Sunday to mod 2 of my helmets and started making my custom patches.

BBI helmet I got off a retailer at the local flea market. I didn't like the rubber straps and decided to redo them using grosgrain ribbons and buckles. Took me 4 hours just to come to this stage. Still not sure if I am gonna do the chinstrap but that'd be another day.

helmet in stage 2 and the rubber straps removed.

checking fit using BS chubby boy HS.

HT waverider helmet I got off a retailer at a very early stage of my collecting days. Realised it couldnt fit most HS so I just left it as it is. Decided to remove the thick rubber inner lining and substitute with EVA form.

HT waverider with its huge rubber inner lining.

checking fit using BS chubby boy HS.

mutant rubber inner lining on BS chubby boy HS. Looks like a helmet on its own, just need straps. :lol

Alright! Patches that I have always wanted to make for my own guys!!! :devilhnd:devilhnd:devilhnd
Done in Photoshop at 300dpi and printed on fabric. The trimming looks bad but I can live with it. I realised big hands are not suitable for holding scissors outlining a round patch. Hehee. I used normal velcro that already has stickers on the end and applied a coat of fabric glue to the cloth patch to make it thicker and it somehow gives it a sheen.

bloodtype, smiley, calico and that... wat's that patch? vocation patch?

ISAF patch

Tooth Fairy Patch

Finally, cowboy showing his new patches.

Leftover patches and parts used. Normal velcro really made the patches too thick.

Overall, a fruitful Sunday doing wat I love most. Next week, I am gonna start painting some of the stuff that I wanted to do for so long.

Cheers
TANG
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Flaccid Eagle, I used normal velcro in the end. From the top or side view, the patches do look really thick but it provides a good backing for the patches.

GSTG used to have micro velcro that the toy makers uses for their patches. I have been waiting for them to restock the item but still no luck.
________
Maja

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
nice work tang! I've made patches with that method before, I've recently started using dark fabric iron-on sheets, then sticking patches to the micro velcro good stuff to go has for sale..it's awesome stuff, you should check it out..it's 1/6 scale.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1stSgt_Zottel, u got PM.

Thanks hqpham. Hmmm dark fabric iron-on sheets. Thats an alternative. Some of my patches like the BOHICA patch are so small I nearly got into a fit getting it onto the normal velcro.... I should try it in due time. Thanks for the heads up. :D GSTG is out of micro velcro.

·
Coalcracker Extraordinair
2,071 Posts
Tang, I use both the iron-on and the regular cloth also. I've heard that there is also a cloth material with sticky backing. Once I find some, I'm going to try it in place of velco backing so it won't stick out as far.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1delta10tango, nice one! will the cloth leave residue when u want them removed? i m using fabric glue to harden the cloth and seal in the fraying bits but its only been a couple of days since my patches were done so I'll still have to see if they fray at the edges.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Items Repaint 101

Yeah, I done it. Finally took up re-painting the M4 from the TS EOD set. Fancy painting on an extremely warm day fighting to finish the paintjob before the paint dries. This hobby is all about JOY JOY JOY.

I didn't have a before and after picture of the TS EOD M4. But here's the repaint. Lots of references to the solid tutorials found here and other 1/6th forums. And thanks to my bro for his advice and his Vallejo paints.

Other Side. Am quite okay with the weathering turned out. Hope to improve and paint better in future.

Next up was the Oakley Assault Boots from Dr Figures. I got the OD ones and didnt like how they look so I repainted them in tones of tan and brown.

And the original tan versions for a comparison.

That's all folks. Thanks for watching.

·
Unit Commander 316th SOC
423 Posts
Speaking towards the Velcro and Printable fabric....

I found this product on their site that says its 30% thinner than normal velcro (haven't used it personally though, so I cant speak from experience)
http://www.velcro.com/consumer/products_um.htm

One thing I have used, that I think I originally learned about here on the board, is this incredible printable fabric with adhesive backing called Fabric-Stick. Before, you could only find it at Wal-Mart, so everytime I went I would clean them out. Now I just learned that they have it available on their site for order...
http://www.junetailor.com/

Just click on "Select Products" -> then; "Printer/Copier Fabrics and Transfer Papers" and its the first product listed on that page.

AWESOME stuff, I highly recommend it!.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.