One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Looks very effective, but unfortunately my inner skeptic comes out and I think it's not as good of an idea as it looks. All I can keep thinking about is if for some reason a link gets kinked or the belt gets damaged in any way, you would have to dismantle the entire thing to 'find it and fix it.' With this set up if the gun goes down due to the ammo it's down for good. I think grabbing a new drum or a new belt in a hurry would be far more effective (and faster), but that's just me.

Keep in mind, this is also coming from someone who is not very well educated on the exact mechanics of the equipment. Just a personal insight given my experiences with belt fed weapons in the Marine Corps and how easily they go down if the ammo is affected in any way.

·
Hellsing Org. Mercenary
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
motivated and dedicated
1,754 Posts
Looks very effective, but unfortunately my inner skeptic comes out and I think it's not as good of an idea as it looks. All I can keep thinking about is if for some reason a link gets kinked or the belt gets damaged in any way, you would have to dismantle the entire thing to 'find it and fix it.' With this set up if the gun goes down due to the ammo it's down for good. I think grabbing a new drum or a new belt in a hurry would be far more effective (and faster), but that's just me.

Keep in mind, this is also coming from someone who is not very well educated on the exact mechanics of the equipment. Just a personal insight given my experiences with belt fed weapons in the Marine Corps and how easily they go down if the ammo is affected in any way.
I get the part about repairs. One thing goes wrong then unless you're AG has hundreds of rounds in his pack your gun is down. But still a cool concept though.

·
Soldier
979 Posts
The metal feed shoots have 2 spring loaded clips, if it jams it takes two seconds to unclip from either the gun end or the bag end, rip it off the ammo belt and load like normal. The most time consuming portion would be taking the bag off your back, which the straps should have quick release. Pretty sound platform in my opinion, and more than practical as you rarely have an AG let alone an ammo bearer. SOF units wanting a crew serve on a dismounted patrol might look into it...

G

·
It looks pretty hardcore and badass. It looks as though it comes straight from a SCI-FI movie. I wonder how heavy it is when fully loaded. And does it mean that a grunt carrying it would have to give up on certain pieces of gear as a trade-off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts