One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/6 Hush Batman

I really dislike the ugly oversized head the 1/6 Sideshow Batman came with....while the costume is based on Jim Lee's artwork, the head and face sculpt left a lot to be desired. Thankfully someone offered a resin replacement head.

I recieved my resin Jim Lee style Batman head from SSF member Ashkanis this week. You can find ordering details on Tony Mei's interest thread:

TonyMeis Custom DC (1989 DX09 Final cape, FM Batman, 1/4 Dark Knight Battle cape) - Page 99

The heads I purchased were unpainted white resin. Very sharply cast with no molding imperfections. I painted them up and added a neck joint and installed it on to the Sideshow Batman body. As you can see I now have the perfect Hush/Jim Lee style Batman in 1/6 scale!

Hope everyone enjoys the pics.

BOBBY

·
Watching
894 Posts
Really outstanding paint job, crisp and clean and matches the rest of the outfit perfectly. I'm not so sure about the sculpt itself though. It's well done, but the eyes are way too far apart and it's proportions are way off, even for a comic book character. Imagine what Bruce Wayne must look like under that mask!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Huge improvement over the Sideshow head. If the Sideshow head had been sized properly like this, I would have been much more inclined to have gotten this. Great work and thanks for sharing!

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Magnificent Paint application. While sculpting anything in 1:6 scale is definitely a challenge. .It's the paint Apps that brings the thing to life. Well done.:applause

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your kind words. The only thing I need to do now is figure out how to tighten up the torso and hip joints. I think I may have to cut the suit open and attach Velcro to close it up again, but I'm not a tailor.

BOBBY

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new heads look great. Question, are both heads the same size? For some reason the closed-mouth headsculpt looks bigger than the grinning one.

Thanks.
Eric
Yes, both heads are the same size, I think perspective and camera angle accounts for the visual difference.

BOBBY

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,044 Posts
Thanks everyone for your kind words. The only thing I need to do now is figure out how to tighten up the torso and hip joints. I think I may have to cut the suit open and attach Velcro to close it up again, but I'm not a tailor.

BOBBY
I just ordered one. Was it easy to put the head on the SS batman body?

Thanks
AFM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts