One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
AKA Nigel...
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short time ago I was on eBay looking for old Sindy horses to re-paint when I stumbled on this little beauty and, at just £12, had to have it. I believe my sister had one back in the early eighties - she had just about everything Sindy.
On the same page from a different seller was a custom made leather harness for 1:6th horses, now we're getting serious.
So I, not only, re-painted both horse and gig but I also made some leather upholstered seating and gave it a wooden floor.
Then a quick bash of a driver out of the spares box and............

·
Registered
950 Posts
Holy cow Nigel, I can't believe how often we parallel each other. I picked up that same set on EBAY last year and for about the same price. I haven't customized mine like yours, I did a small repaint on the gig and switched horses. You've done an excellent job. Your upholstery gives it life. I really envy the harness and tack you picked up. The whole piece is excellent.

Tim

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
Lovely work - I've always wanted that gig myself!
My only crit would be that the breastplate looks a wee bit low.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Very well done! The first 2-seater sports job! :thumb

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Very nice...

>>>

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Doubly thank you. Once just for showing that, 'cause it looks amazing. Second thank you is because I've had that same rig for a couple of years now (thrift store purchase) and I was never able to get an ID on it, so now I know what it is.

I had a similar concept for it but then I've been lazy about actually doing anything about it, but in a million years, I couldn't do as good a job as you have.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Shoot...

That's just great work, man.

I like everything you did.

·
Customizer
2,232 Posts
Excellent work ! :applause:applause

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A nice rig you do not see every day in this hobby.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts