One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is my representation of a German soldier with night vision capability's.
This was quite late in the war and was issued to troops with the tanks with night vision capability's. It shows how advance the Nazis were in developing new technology.

Thanks for looking, sorry its another German

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Wow, looks great Philster! I am shivering just looking at him, great snow effects! Awesome job :thumb
-mike-

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comment guys, Just notice i forgot to put the magazine on his MP44. And yes the iron site was removed in some cases as the scope was used to zero in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Another question..
Given the display base & snow covering, (like the snow on the stock..& cantine) do you end up gluing up the articulations & accesories for a fixed posing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Otawerks

The figure is still full articulate, the snow is in in fact sodium carbonate (soda crystals) which are the right size and consistency for powdery snow, these are sprinkled over the figure. The base is the same, other than filler with a topping of soda crystals.

Regards Phil

I will be putting him on ebay very shortly if anyone wants him

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Philster said:
Hi Otawerks

The figure is still full articulate, the snow is in in fact sodium carbonate (soda crystals) which are the right size and consistency for powdery snow, these are sprinkled over the figure. The base is the same, other than filler with a topping of soda crystals.

Regards Phil

I will be putting him on ebay very shortly if anyone wants him
Brilliant....you can toss some vinegar on him and watch him fuzz out, call it a Russian gas attack :)

"In the final days of WW2 the Russians defied the Geneva Convention and brought out artillery shells loaded with deadly Mustard Gas to clear the rubble of Berlin.....those last remnants of Hitlers master race were spared no horror as the final chapter of the Thousand Year Reich came to a close..."

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Great looking winter bash. The weathering and snow effects are amazing!!

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
this reminds me of novelist steven hunter's early novel "the master sniper", detailing an assasins use of the 'vampir' scope in the closing days of WW2. captured versions of the scope helped US and nato create the 1st generation of night vision gear,later used in korea(see dragons figure 'sam') and star of the big screen in 'the omega man'(go see the charlton heston figure on this site...very neat).

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Philster: What source did you get the information about the removal of the front sight post? As a side project to my 1/6 collecting, I try and read as much about the German IR systems as I can find, and I've never come across that info myself. Any new information is always welcome. :)

HeadRusch: What was the source for the quote in your sig about the Russians using mustard gas in Berlin? That's a new one to me.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Philster!

Great looking figure, I especially like the dusting of snow... he DOES look cold!

Thankfully, the Nazi late-war effort was mismanaged otherwise the Vampir and the associated Uhu "infrarot gerat" could have caused significant problems for the Allies.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
looks great. Dont be sorryits another german, its my main subject

1 - 20 of 30 Posts