One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1/6 scale Gal Gadot custom figure w/HTS Sculpt. Two wigs became one for added bangs (added to hair implantation on original sculpt). Washed, conditioned with fabric softener (air dryed 6 hours). Bangs cut. With toothbrush added oil to the ends. Long process!!!! Custom Gal Gadot 1/6 scale figure with "old suntan" Phicen S09C body. More (G rated pics only) @ Gal Gadot Phicen/TBLeague

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She looks like Cher.

CHEERS!
Lol! The Mego Cher vintage figure was the only 1/6 scale point of reference I had to guide me. Nothing else I own has bangs!!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, bangs are hard to make. It's no surprise we don't get many female figures with "hairstyles."

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As nerdy Diana Prince! First, the bangs will never be 100% even (or symmetrical) because of the way I glued the wigs together. So unless/until I rip it up and do it again - that's that. Outfit completely hides skin tone imbalances. And with hair up, it reminds me of comic representation of character (also I'm still a huge CBS Lynda Carter WW fan, and always thought her hair up or straight vs.curly et, was a good way to differentiate between ego and alter-ego). Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you use this sculpt for a custom of any kind, matching skin tone with a Phicen figure is very challenging. I don't have any Jaquidoll (spelling?). If you have these figures and one matches this sculpt - will you please post/share info?

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have experience with stop motion animation; willing & able to recommend a software program for beginners (that's easy to understand, install; use) that will splice pictures together making a slide show so it looks like figure(s) moving/transforming? To better understand fun - and yes I know - a bit cheesy EFFECT, start at pic 1 and hit the "next pic" button super fast until the last pic and TaDa - old school magic Wonder Woman!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've dabbled in stop motion

Dragon frames stop-motion is a great program along with stop-motion pro.
AHHHHHHHH DUDE - SO COOL!!!!!! This video is incredible!!!!!! I knew you had these skills but wasn't sure if you could recommend a beginner's app. Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I will check out ur suggestions. How do you put it all together though? I have some (but not much) experience with film editing, but it was all in 1:1 scale and I'm hoping there are easier; faster ways to make a short (less than a minute) 1/6 scale video with my cell phone (for example).

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would assume cutting hair in a straight line would be extremely easy BUT - no!!!! I put so many layers of hair into the second half of the wig that I literally have to cut each one separately. So it's going back on shelf like this until my eyes & perspective are renewed!!! (Maybe a straight razor will work better than scissors?)

Attachments

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,077 Posts
AHHHHHHHH DUDE - SO COOL!!!!!! This video is incredible!!!!!! I knew you had these skills but wasn't sure if you could recommend a beginner's app. Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I will check out ur suggestions. How do you put it all together though? I have some (but not much) experience with film editing, but it was all in 1:1 scale and I'm hoping there are easier; faster ways to make a short (less than a minute) 1/6 scale video with my cell phone (for example).
Thanks bro. I use Adobe Aftereffects for the FX and Adobe Premiere to put it all together.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Now there are HT knock-off heads with 2 different wigs here and here.

I don't like the way the 2 front teeth show in the sculpt. If makes her look kind of goofy.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
That stop motion was INCREDIBLE! Damn fine work, sir, and I look forward to your next installment!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With this Gal Gadot Phicen figure: I had a vision of what I wanted, presented it, got feedback and then tried so hard to satisfy the feedback I messed up my custom LOL. I cut the original bangs too short. So, I added a third layer of bangs and BAM!!!! I got what I wanted from this - a 1/6 scale female Phicen figure of Gal Gadot that can stand tall next to my other Phicen female figures (Scarjo, Elizabeth Olsen, Anne Hathaway). Yes this hairstyle isn't movie accurate (which doesn't matter to me) but it is symmetrical. It reminds me how Stevie Nicks, Farrah Fawcett et (1970s pop stars) used to wear their hair (layered bangs that can still sort of look like it's parted in the middle; one-length hair). I used fabric softener (not wax or oil) to tame the messy curls. Point is - glad I took everyone's advice because it worked in the end, but more glad I stayed true to what works for me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts