One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Woo! Give us a cheer everyone who loved Mirror's Edge!

Tumbleweed tumbles past weedily... file of a lone wolf howling from a royalty-free sound library plays...

Oh, pretty much just me then. Well, at least everyone liked the character designs from the game didn't they? Yeah? That's better.
Here's my go at Faith.
The headsculpt is all my own work though I should point out only the hair is actually based on Faith directly, the face was finished before I decided to make a Faith figure. So that's why her eyes are completely wrong, just think of her as a cute cosplayer or the actress from a film version! I will make a truly "Faith-ful" head later on down the line but I've got at least four other portraits I want to sculpt first so that's a while off yet. Her large chest isn't an artistic decision either, it's because I failed to plan ahead and get my hands on an Alpha Small Bust in the month they were available so it's going to have to stay that way until Triad re-release them.
Thought I should mention those two elements because I remember the annoying furore when someone put a photoshop of Faith with bigger eyes and breasts on the web a couple of years ago and I want to state explicitly that all deviations from DICE's gorgeous promo art are purely a result of my own shortcomings and aren't editorial decisions :D
I think the part I'm most pleased with is her hair, I don't know how well it comes across in the photos but in hand it really looks like it's being blown by the wind from standing on the edge of a rooftop somewhere.

This is about as much home made as a custom can get which is a step forward for me:
Head and Tabi trainers - mine, resin cast from sculpey masters, the ankle joints don't fit great in the shoes making her a bit unstable. Apart from the ankles they look pretty good I reckon but still the last time I attempt custom shoes for a while I think.
Clothes - sewn from scratch
Glove - Traid repainted with altered wrist joint
Arm Tattoo - one of those permanent CD pens

Full flickr gallery here

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I loved that game....but got stuck in a corridor somewhere so never finished it!

And thats a really brilliant Faith.......you should to take some pics on a rooftop somewhere

Might have to dig Mirror's Edge out again if my 4 year old lets me take the damn Tom & Jerry dvd out of the 360!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW!!! Excellent job cloudfilter!!!

I'm a huge fan of Mirror's Edge!! Aside from the occasional frustrating game mechanics, Mirror's Edge is one of the more original titles I've seen in the last 5 years. I can't wait until your next Faith custom. You should make a runner's bag for her as well.

Great job again!!

·
My friends call me Ray
7,841 Posts
Excellent rendition of Faith, one of my favorite female game characters. All your explanations cover the imperfections. I like the clothing very much! I hope the new triad body will give you the articulation you need for the poses:

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
Very cool, the HS is very nice even if it isnt game accurate. The clothes are excellent, great cut and fit. Perhaps the shoes would have been better if you had sculpted them over and on to a pair of Triad bare feet. Otherwise I cant see a way round those type of ankle fixings.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
I don't know the game but great figure!

·
No more Pancake face
1,044 Posts
:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes:wideyes

I was floored by this great job!
Hopefully we get a sequel soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.