One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Doomsday was an overlooked movie for many when it came out in 2008.
Was really a tribute movie from Neil Marshall of all his favorite characters
from movies past and I found many of characters in it very interesting.

Of course Eden played by Rhona Mitra was a great female character and incredibly hot.
However, Sol with maybe 15 minutes of actual screen time, outshines every one.

I commissioned the head and mic from Caine. SKI painted the head and I did
the rest. I'd say he's about 75-80% finished. He wears a long fur coat with
human skin draped over the shoulders, front and back a little. He's obsessed
with time and has watches hanging off his pant belt and all down his arms.

Still have some work to do on him and will post more as I finish him up.

What do you think so far??

Outerwear Fur clothing Textile Animal product Headgear
Microphone Tie Musician Gesture Audio equipment
Eyelash Dress Earrings Audio equipment Sunglasses
Gesture Event Art Performing arts Entertainment
Shoe Glove Sleeve Latex Street fashion
Forehead Nose Microphone Lip Chin
Microphone Hairstyle Eye Audio equipment Musical instrument
Nose Microphone Audio equipment Microphone stand Public address system

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
Pretty damn good from an under appreciated film.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty damn good from an under appreciated film.
Not familiar with the source material, but the figure seems very close to what you shared and very impressive.
Great job!!
That looks really awesome. I love the facial expression.
Thanks everyone.

He's still pretty clean. I need to weather him up and do his hands. They
have black finger tips and nails. Also the leather I'm using for the human
skin on his coat needs to be darker.

Here's the full Sol speech

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
I actually own this movie on DVD, it's a fun romp in a dystopian future if you keep it in perspective. Sol is truly a despicable character. I'm sure my survival instinct just isn't strong enough to eat people when the food runs out.
This figure is great! Definitely captures his special brand of crazy!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Man, the figure looks incredible! It really is such a fun and under appreciated movie. Gleefully mad, and Sol is such a great, over the top villain. You really nailed it on the figure!

As a side note, I never realized the director, Neil Marshall, also directed Dog Soldiers, which may be my favorite werewolf movie of all time. For anyone who hasn't checked it out, I HIGHLY recommend it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually own this movie on DVD, it's a fun romp in a dystopian future if you keep it in perspective. Sol is truly a despicable character. I'm sure my survival instinct just isn't strong enough to eat people when the food runs out.
This figure is great! Definitely captures his special brand of crazy!
Thanks. Still have to go over him one more time.
But in the mean time.....

"If you're hungry, why not have a piece of your friend" :lol

Man, the figure looks incredible! It really is such a fun and under appreciated movie. Gleefully mad, and Sol is such a great, over the top villain. You really nailed it on the figure!

As a side note, I never realized the director, Neil Marshall, also directed Dog Soldiers, which may be my favorite werewolf movie of all time. For anyone who hasn't checked it out, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Yeah. I actually have liked every Neil Marshall film I've seen. Granted it's only 4 films so far. But when I see one that
I have not viewed. I'm more likely to take a chance on it because it's his film. And if you search him on IMDB, you'll
see his name attached to some great movies and shows. Also, he is doing the new Hellboy movie that's coming out.
So needless to say, his plate has been pretty damn full for the last 5-6 years. But he really made a name for himself
with these 4 films. Dog Soldiers, The Descent, Doomsday , Centurion. Each one seeing more and more of
his style coming through. I've also noticed, he always has strong female roles in his films.

Havent seen the film, but your fig looks spot on! congrats
Looks awesome!
You nailed it, nice job!
Thanks. I'd say now he's about 85-90% finished.
Having lots of fun with this one.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking. I wonder if there would there be enough interest for a Sol and Eden figure set?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Mmmm. That’s a possibility. As long as I didn’t go bankrupt :wink.

Might end up being a one or the other type situation for me, though, depending on cost for each. If your serious, feel free to send me a PM with details if it happens.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Dog Soldiers, The Descent, Doomsday , Centurion. Each one seeing more and more of
his style coming through. I've also noticed, he always has strong female roles in his films.
Tell me you're going to do a werewolf from Dog Soldiers; and Michael Fassbender and Olga Kurylenko from Centurian. Those would be amazing to see.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tell me you're going to do a werewolf from Dog Soldiers; and Michael Fassbender and Olga Kurylenko from Centurian. Those would be amazing to see.
Well, I did really like the characters from Centurian, especially the female warrior, Etain.

But a Roman soldier with a Fassbender head could easily be bashed.

If it came down to a female character, then Eden or even Sol's mate "Viper".

would most likely be my first choice, then Etain. The Viper character actress Lee-Anne Liebenberg doesn't get much
love, because she's mainly a stunt woman first, then some bit parts in movies.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sweet work--so love him.. Viper would be awesome...surprised no company took them on...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts