One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, back again with the second project based on 3D design and printing by fellow member Uramegak.

I provided the reference data and asked him to make a Daniel Defense Modular Float Rail, the Picatinny rails and the proprietary suppressor DD makes, so that we could create a 1/6 DDM4 ISR 300, meaning an Integrated Suppressor Rifle for the .300 blackout cartridge.

This blaster has a 10.3 inch barrel and the whole barrel/suppressor length is 16.1 inches, with a part of the suppressor covered by the rail. Thanks to the Blackout cartridge it is effective out to more than 400 yards and can fire both subsonic and supersonic ammunition.

More details can be found here https://danieldefense.com/daniel-de...lackout-integrally-suppressed-rifle-1363.html

Main advantage of this configuration, against a normal 10.5 inch barrel with suppressor is the fact you get more rail "real estate" to put necessary accessories on, than with the "normal" 9 inch rail.

Photos of the 1:1 Model below.

And this is the 1/6 version, mostly black but with the rail in Gunmetal Grey (mixed with black) and Magpul BUIS since I could not find the original :(

Here some outdoor shots, DDM4ISR-300 equipped with an EOTech EXPS, 3X magnifier, PEQ-15 and weapon light on QD base., ready to rock and roll…

You can get the rail and suppressor combo from Uramegak's shop on Shapeways, as seen here in Frosted Ultra Detail material

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5...ail-version?li=shop-results&optionId=57345369

NOTE: Τhere are two models of suppressors found in various reference photos. The one currently available on Shapeways is the one with a narrowing "step" at the point the suppressor gets inside the rail, like this.

I filed away most of this "step" to give the impression of the other model, without the step, but you can also use it as is. Anyway, Uramegak plans to make the second model available soon.

Unfortunately I did not take "in the making" photos but it's pretty straightforward.

The handguard will fit loosely on SS and DAM M4s (you will have to use glue) and very nicely on Very Cool (and Caltek) M4s since the later appear to be from same molds, but still some glue will be useful if you plan on giving this rifle to one of your figures for posing. Suppressor fits on/in the rail and does not need gluing.

And obviously the MFR handguard can be used "stand alone", with other rifle barrels and normal suppressors giving another choice for mods.

Also note that this 1/6 handguard because of the openings on it can get 1/6 Picatinny rails not just in the 3, 6, 9 o clock positions but also in between, in 45 degree increments, so you can position a weapon light wherever you want to create a unique effect that is also used in 1:1 (usually the 1.30 position)

Hope you enjoyed this. Feedback, comments and suggestions will be much appreciated :)

·
1:6 Warrior
1,595 Posts
Re: Custom Daniel Defense M4 ISR in 300 Blackout ( 3D Rail+Can by Uramegak)

Wow, now that is cool looking.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Re: Custom Daniel Defense M4 ISR in 300 Blackout ( Again 3D Rail+Can by Uramegak

Okay..... I need to throw money at you 3d Printer guys who are making these.. That include you Uramegak.

Amazing pieces of work.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Re: Custom Daniel Defense M4 ISR in 300 Blackout ( Again 3D Rail+Can by Uramegak

Damn, that came out looking great! I have really got to get on to this 3D printed train. Some of our fellow members here are turning out some awesome stuff.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Wow, now that is cool looking.
:thanks glad you liked it.

Okay..... I need to throw money at you 3d Printer guys who are making these.. That include you Uramegak.

Amazing pieces of work.
I am telling you man, your scratchbuilding talent combined with the 3D Magic, will produce amazing results

Damn, that came out looking great! I have really got to get on to this 3D printed train. Some of our fellow members here are turning out some awesome stuff.
Thanks Jason, really like the way it turned out too :) Can't wait to see your awesome skills at work with 3D extras.

Fact is, You name it (OK I am exaggerating a bit here :knock) and it's available. 3D barrels, in various lengths, first rate rifle optics (more coming soon), grips, picatinny rails and about a dozen different handguard styles.

And all of it current HSLD stuff

A proper 1/6 gun wonderland, thanks to our fellow members. :clap :clap :clap

Pretty freaking awesome :thumb
Thanks bro, glad you enjoyed it :woohoo

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Glad you liked it. :thanks

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Slick work!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

Very nicely done !
Thanks buddy, with all these great 3D handguard designs we will soon run out of M4 receivers :hifive

Your Noveske NSR has arrived in Athens but I am not home, so have to wait some more days :(

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Ok guys, Version 2.0 of the DD ISR 300 suppressor is now up on Shapeways, together with the handguard. This version does not have the step on the rear part of the can, and represents the main variation seen in reference photos. Version 1.0 is still available too. Both versions have the same handguards and three very nicely made picatinny rails to go with the handguard.

This is the diagram of version 2.0

And here is the link to uramegak's product on his Shapeways store https://www.shapeways.com/product/4...r-detail-v2?li=shop-results&optionId=57652583

As mentioned before modding premium brand M4s with the handguard and suppressor is pretty easy, but some glue will be needed to securely keep the handguard on the rifle.

Suppressor does not need gluing will fit securely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts