One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my latest custom weapon: the Bushmaster Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR).

It is based on the Sideshow ACR which came with the Cobra Viper figure, with a Soldier Story ACOG (from the US Army in Afghanistan figure) and an MOE stubby grip (from the Iron Workshop HK-416).

As always, your thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

·
How did I get into this?
296 Posts
Re: Custom Bushmaster ACR

Excellent work!

I'm not familiar with the weapon, but I love how you weathered this piece with subtle washing and drybrushing.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts

Not bad!!! Looks so much better then that Ugly Slime Gray. The only problem I notice with the Sideshow MASADA ACR is the Pistol Grip. *Have one too.*

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts

I really don't know why I can't see anything from your threads and I hate it 'cause only one I saw one of your mod and it was wonderful!
If I can ask, can you put a link to these images?
'Cause I tryed everything but still can't see s...

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I really don't know why I can't see anything from your threads and I hate it 'cause only one I saw one of your mod and it was wonderful!
If I can ask, can you put a link to these images?
'Cause I tryed everything but still can't see s...
I really don't know what to tell you Alby. Everyone else seems to see them OK. Anyway, links below:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...4001-acr-3.jpg

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...4011-acr-4.jpg

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...3981-acr-1.jpg

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...3991-acr-2.jpg

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
The weathering is beautiful and it looks awesome but...

Having studied up on the history and background of the ACR for a bash I was working on, I can tell you that rifle design is definately the old Magpul Masada and not the Remmington ACR.
The Remmington Bushmaster ACR has it's basic design origins from the Masada but they are two different rifles.

The original Magpul Masada (Note location of the charging handle above the ejection port.)

The Remmington Bushmaster ACR (Note the position of the charging handle has now been moved forward past the ejection port from the original Masada design.)

You did a great job of improving the Masada and I hate to be the one that tells you that version is not really a Remmington Bushmaster but the old Magpul model.

Sorry mate it's terrible to be a critic after such a nice job you did but I thought you would like to know because I would want to know.

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts

No,nothing, it didn't work. Sorry to bother you and thanks for the try mate.
Try with other programs too.
Sure a problem of my own, maybe a region problem.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent work!

I'm not familiar with the weapon, but I love how you weathered this piece with subtle washing and drybrushing.
Wow very nice looking.
Nice work.
Not bad!!! Looks so much better then that Ugly Slime Gray. The only problem I notice with the Sideshow MASADA ACR is the Pistol Grip. *Have one too.*
Cool MOD!
The weathering is beautiful and it looks awesome.
Beautiful work.
Fantastic customization and weathering! This looks 1:1 to me!
beautiful work!
the weathering is perfect! nice one!
Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I am really happy with the way this one worked out. This is probably the most extensive weathering I have given to any of my custom weapons to date, though judging by the success I feel I have had with this one, I think I will apply similar techniques to some of my other weapons as well.

·
Procastinatus Excelentus
1,226 Posts
Cerberus is spot on on his commentary.

Turkeyshot, you are one prolific toy-smith, keep it up, this is probably one of your most eye-catching jobs, as the subtle weathering helps a lot to make it come to life!

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having studied up on the history and background of the ACR for a bash I was working on, I can tell you that rifle design is definately the old Magpul Masada and not the Remmington ACR.
The Remmington Bushmaster ACR has it's basic design origins from the Masada but they are two different rifles.
I stand corrected. Cheers Cerberus.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts