One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attempting to find my way back into the 12 inches world, a couple of weeks ago I decided to start the works on a female body that represented a curvaceous girl... What you see here are the preliminary results of such works...

I understand that seamless bodies rule the female market nowadays, but it seems that variations on such bodies limit to the size of breasts, depending on the model. What I had in mind was to create a female figure which had its own voluptuous proportions, thus deviating from most available figures out there.

So far, this figure would be in-scale with a woman that measured around 1.67 Meters tall. I originally intended for her to be shorter, and still have to do some trimmings here and there, but for the most part she is near completion...

Of course, working in the solitude of my studio will never give me an appropriate scope on the feelings of a collector community, so every one of your opinions and comments will be gratefully received.

Attachments

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you looked at the latest 'curvy' Barbies, they are now coming out fully jointed and in different skin tones . Might save you a lot of hassle, just need bigger bust perhaps ? Oh and normal size hands and feet too .

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/dc/cd/c7dccd755edae134b209ccd50b66cfee.jpg
Ow... That body looks just gorgeous... I guess modifications would be minor for her. Unfortunately, my local offerings are comprised of the first-not-so-articulated bodies... But more than once have I been tempted to get me some of these dolls. I love the fact that Mattel is finally introducing diversity in its doll lines... Thanks for taking the time to share.

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice. Diversity in figures is a rare thing. Any how-to?
I started pretty much like Spencer Davies´ approach into creating his own line of booty babes... I just didn´t use a barbie as a base, but some pieces from a DC Super Heroes´Harley Quinn figure... Totally non articulated for the most part, but helpful as to not start from scratch. Let me see if I can dig out some process pictures from the weeks before. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, here is a couple of process images on the creation of this babe... You might be able to spot the Mattel´s Harley Quinn base under a ton of epoxy, in the chest area, and also a heavily modified WW crotch...

In here, one of the thousand times I reviewed the sculpt after priming the figure and sanding unwanted features...

Attachments

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Aaaand... Here you can see the first halves of the molds... My very LEAST favorite part of the whole thing. Keep your fingers crossed. I never know what I'm gonna get out of these little boxes once they are opened.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love your custom Booty Girl!! Also looking forward to see the result. And yes, Curvy Barbie should have a larger bust! :}

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Oh, guys, you're SO kind for the commentaries and encouragement. These are images from the resulting injected pieces I just got after countless hours of messing around with the originals...

See, I have a Hand-Operated Plastic Injection Machine that I crafted myself --Well, with a lot of help from my local handyman-- and I use it to inject my own plastic parts...

What you see here are some of the first test shots I got from the molds of past entries...

Since I need the plastic to be easier to inject, and also I need it to be feasible of being colored by a hand process, I use Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate, which is pretty maleable, although not terribly sturdy, in comparison with other factory used plastics...

Resulting parts are somehow soft, resembling rubber, but strong enough, almost like the PVC in most small action figures.

I need to replace those plastic posts in the articulations with sets of screws, in order to help the figure hold her poses better, but all in all, I feel this project is headed the right way so far...

I guess a clothing test imposes as the next step... So... Sewing machine... Here we go!

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. See you soon, my dear Carbon-based Lifeforms....

·
Dr.Mind
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks good actually and something different.
Thanks for taking the time to comment! Now that I am working with her clothes, it seems that many of the most "evident" of her features are getting obscured by cloth... I can't wait to post more pictures on the development of this...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts