One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this custom body with hopes to get it mass produced even though I have no means to do so... details details.
I hope it's okay to show this figure off here even though it is a naked figure. I wanted to show it off here to get critical feedback on it. Yes it's a custom body but if it was somehow mass produced would you buy it? Also anyone know anyone that has connections or insight on how to get a body mass produced? I know it's a lot of work and a lot of money but there is always a market for base bodies right?
I know that there are more and more silicone seamless bodies on the market right now and that seems to be where the money is however this body was meant to be made in all one type of material meaning no rubber torso and it's meant to be customized. Seamless bodies are great but they are lot more difficult to alter, add, subtract, paint etc.
This body is really I guess two body designs, one built for articulation one built for looks. The differences between the two are simply the torsos.
The torso built for looks has more bust options so I guess there are more variations there. Here is an example for two variations of the looks torso figure and the articulated figure.

So you'll see pictured ;large bust, small bust and articulated. The articulated figure has a torso that hopefully has just about all the mobility that you might want but is meant to be covered.

I tried to think of as many poses as I could to show off the mobility and I did sculpt a few hands and feet for her and I hope to sculpt up a few more hands for her.... very time consuming to sculpt hands and I'm really slow.
These are more images of the looks or elegant torso with the small bust.

And these are more images of the elegant torso with the large bust. The large bust has two chest plates one bound and one unbound.

This image is a breakdown of all the body options minus the extra hands, feet and heads.

This is just a photoshopped version to show off possible skin tones, Caucasian, the ever important hot toys tan and a darker brown for African american bodies.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I really hope someone can help you out. These are two of the best female bodies I've seen. It's not often you see a female body with as much articulation as a male one, but you've really pulled it off. Perhaps you could contact Kit at OneSixthKit: OneSixthKit

They do custom bodies, perhaps they could hook you up with their factory?

Worth a try

CHEERS!

·
Registered
77 Posts
my critical feedback:
there is always a market for base bodies ... depends on the price ...

articulated torso:
gives you a enormous range of possible poses ... exactly what you expect from an actionfigure ... but you‘ve got to accept visable neck-, shoulder- and belly-joints ... I‘ld just offer small or medium bust size for maximum adjustment facilities

elegant torso:
with three bust options ... in my opinion the most promising body in the commercial point of view ... it‘s close to the Triad body, which I transform currently

hands & feet:
in every case it‘s good to have variations ... you can‘t have too many hands ... bendy hands are no option for me ... medium high feet are important ... often feet with toes are too wide to get‘m into shoes

head:
I like this head sculpt with ponytail ... reminds me somehow of a ballet dancer ... but makes a base body more expensive not to mention the wide range of women heads custumers will try to apply ... take care of suitable neckbolts

skin tones:
to offer a choice of three skin tones means ... a three times bigger production, business risk and investment ... ( for custumers complaining body- and head-tones don‘t match 100% ? ) quite apart from the fact that a brown botty should have other curves than a white one ... I‘ld just offer light peach ( so it‘s everyones choice to do some airbrushing )

one more thing:
the knee joints must disappeare

and YES ...
I would buy some Callous bodies ... preferably elegant bodies with small bust!

Gruss WH

G

·
They're fantastic!

One suggestion: why not do the articulated body with interchangeable chests, too? Or would that be impossible due to the articulation design?

And I second the praise for the head used in your photos. Is great that you have considered an AA body, but Triad aside, there is a dearth of female AA heads. Once you (hopefully!) have these bodies up and running, I hope that you would consider releasing your own range of heads sculpts to accompany them.

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
These are fantastic Callous . You have answered every criticism I have of all the existing female hard bodies out there. I wish you every success in getting them made in quantity. I hope I will be in the queue to buy several when they become available . I like the elegant and articulated choice, could you make sure there is a matching bust for both options. So we can have the same overall figure shape with the two formats. I am very keen on your proposal for different skin tones especially an AA or dark brown one . Assuming a hard material for these bodies I guess they would be paintable anyway . If mass production of your body designs proved impossible, would it be out of the question for you to make the parts you have made available as a resin kit of parts for self assembly ?

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
These do look very promising. I am hooked on the seamless bodies, in part because of their better (more realistic) poseability, but it looks like your design addresses and corrects some of the limitations of traditional visible-joint bodies. So if these were available at a reasonable price, I would probably break with my custom and get myself a couple even if they are not seamless. Good luck with getting them into production and on the market. And now that you have shown them in public, you might want to make sure you got a patent/copyright, etc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
These do look very promising. I am hooked on the seamless bodies, in part because of their better (more realistic) poseability, but it looks like your design addresses and corrects some of the limitations of traditional visible-joint bodies. So if these were available at a reasonable price, I would probably break with my custom and get myself a couple even if they are not seamless. Good luck with getting them into production and on the market. And now that you have shown them in public, you might want to make sure you got a patent/copyright, etc.
I totally agree! My chief complaint with available bodies is the constant push towards unrealistic bust lines! Most
clothes just don't fit right, also you're range of motion is great!
regards

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
These look great! Like improved versions of your Triad work. I have a question though: have you seen the leg-to-hip joint on DAM bodies? They use a ball joint that then allows them to eliminate the mid thigh cut entirely. I imagine you could develop something like that and make it work for both arms and legs so that you could eliminate the mid bicep and mid thigh cuts. == 4 fewer visible seams. Just my 2 cents. Great work in any case!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I will contact onesixthkit and see if he is interested.
I will likely work up a few more bust sizes for the articulated torso but you can't swap them with the elegant torso because of the neck and shoulder differences. You could however swap the upper elegant torso with the articulated lower torso but you will loose the neck and the shoulder mobility. It all depends on what you need with that particular figure I guess.
I do want to do some AA heads and bodies because there just is not enough available on the market right now and I know that it would be cool to have a more curvy female body to match them but you have to start small.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I'd definitely buy the articulated ones!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I like using both bodies for the same character; I would use the bodies for situations that would require the advantages of each one. There are so many nice details on both of these bodies that really make them stand out from any "jointed" bodies produced up to now. Sure hope you can find a manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Most excellent work--and design..I hope you have firm grip on all rights..would love to see these on the market. I like your wrist peg design. A lot of the pegs for female bodies are too fragile--even on Hot Toys. My only suggestion would be for you to consider a ball design for the ankle--that would be compatible with so many shoes and boots from other companies we all bash from. I wish you good luck and good fortune--and hope to see these in production soon...

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
I have long been a fan of your work and when I first saw this body on Deviantart I went 'WHOA!'

I would love to buy a few if mass produced. Perhaps try asking GreenWolfGear as they seem to be starting out in 1:6 and going strong so far, and one of their first 1:6 figures is a collaboration with Snow Corporation (13 project Hanroku trooper) so they can prob help out.

Also maybe contact Kit Chen (onesixthkit) as they seem to get many items made specifically for them so must have contacts in the manufacturing world. J

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
I'd definitely like a couple of these if they were produced! The articulation and sculpting is outstanding and she actually looks healthy and not the usual combo of skinny and massively endowed in the chest department!
I second the kickstarter notion!

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
these do look good, but if the elegant one has nipples then shouldn't the articulated one too? also what about a head with a french braid...

something like this?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts