One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of not being able to find what I wanted online so I've taken to just making it, and it's gotten a bit carried away with the jewelry bit.
First attempt was with 3mm pearls, and I made a garnet pendant to go with it (and been working on circlets and crowns too)
Chin Eyebrow Shoulder Eyelash Earrings

Found smaller beads (size 15)...
Lip Eyelash Vision care Body jewelry Flash photography

Found even smaller beads (size 18-20) and super fine wire (30 gauge?)
View attachment 405428
Coin Natural material Wood Body jewelry Font

For the clothing, there really aren't any good dresses so I've been cutting up silk scarves, such as one I dyed with indigo (does stain...)
Hair Face Head Fur clothing Dress

Hand Arm Glove Safety glove Human body

Then switched up to a commercially dyed silk scarf
Brown Sleeve Collar Fictional character Carmine

Then white gauze and silk shawl.
Head Eye Dress Human body Toy

The cloak is made with rabbit fur and premier velvet with a satin lining. I figure if I'm going to be making them, I'll use the best I can find.
Outerwear Musical instrument Textile Sleeve Sunglasses

I have plans for more kimonos and gowns, since the male figure I have was easy to find good clothes for, and I also have armor coming in the mail so I'll probably be making a tabard/tunic and cloak for that too. I'm going to be seeing how well I can made real chain chainmail as well, though that's a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Really beautiful custom clothing and jewelry! Excellent use of quality materials. This is exactly the sort of thing I like to see being made for 1/6 figures. It's such a nice change from the often boring 'modern' or cheap looking outfits found online. Thank you so much for sharing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :D
I wish there was more of this going on, but finding it has been oddly difficult. There are some beautiful outfits for 1/3 BJDs, but when you get into the 1/6 scale it peters off, and then near nonexistent for 1/12 scale. I know it's tedious but it's also fun and I love having well dressed figures, lol. It's also a fun challenge to see how small I can do beaded wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.