One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Jester said:
That could apply to a lot of good choices in life. :green
True... and just to clarify I wasn't saying it in a mean way. It's a good thing that they would rather focus all their resources into putting out a great game on one system... however it would have been nice if they had put it onto consoles. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a pimped out PC or the ability to upgrade their PC whenever a new graphics card is out.

Solid Snake said:
True... and just to clarify I wasn't saying it in a mean way. It's a good thing that they would rather focus all their resources into putting out a great game on one system... however it would have been nice if they had put it onto consoles. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a pimped out PC or the ability to upgrade their PC whenever a new graphics card is out.
You don't need a "pimped out" PC to run it- just a fairly decent one. Of course, you want the top-of-the-line if you want to get the full graphic experience, but it works just fine on my father's system and it's not exactly a dedicated gaming rig. The problem with releasing it for consoles as I understand it is that you'd basically have to cut up the game as it was envisioned and currently exists, and those massive outdoor environments that Crytek so loves would end up being mutilated in much the same way that Thief: DS and Deus Ex: Invisible War were in order to make them compatible with the various consoles, hence my original comment, humorous though it was.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Solid Snake said:
Actually they probably could.
no they cant. with 256megs of memory the ps3 dedicates for video ram for example, there is no way in hell a console could run this in its current state. Its impossible.
If a dual core pc with 2gb of ram and 768mb 8800gtx has trouble with this game, a console will not even run it, pure and simple.

(i make video games for a living, and in honesty, the ps3 is a POS, even though I own one, its a real POS, so is the xbox360).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.