One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

The TBL Bestat Cat goddess body arrived on Christmas Eve and I tested it out on a Tonner 1/6 AA head which I managed to find on evilbay at a fairly reasonal price (tonner heads are very pricey!).

The TBL goddess body is a really truely beautiful black and not dark brown. So the head tone is off, but a very close match since it's a very dark brown tone.

The TBL leg ball socket is the same size as the S24/25 and S44/45. These are smaller than the standard TBL ankle ball sockets. So I borrowed the feet from an S24 for the hollow boots. The hand sockets are the same standard size, which was convenient to find hands for it.

For your info, the body is detailed below.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Comparing the TBL Bestate, The Cat Goddess body with a rare AA toned Jiaou Doll JOQ-09F European type body. From heel to shoulder, they are actually the same height.

I suspect the TBL goddess body is the same model is the current promoted TBL S46-47 body type.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
I got the Ziltoys Z003A 'Ada Wong' HS hoping to kitbash the character based on the current iteration of the game character. However, in hand, the features look different; a little too caucasian than asian from an off-frontal view. The head skin tone works with this Jiaou Doll (2019) KT toned body (below), as well as the current lighter 2021 KT toned body (I tested). But the HS is too rich in tone for TBLeague's suntan.

Disappointed with the Ziltoys HS, I replaced it with the MTToys Ada King. Although it has sculpted hair (I prefer rooted), the HS looks rather spot-on based on the current game head sculpt. The skin tone works well with this JD KT 2019 tone (below), the 2021 KT tone and TBLeague's suntan too (although a touch lighter).

The other is JXToys Alita head sculpt. The JXToys JX041A (with the red blood lines on her face) looks better with rooted hair (for me) than HT's sculpted hair version, although I do like the movable eyes there.

I also got the JX041B version and the skin tone works very well with the Jiaou Doll BS Wheat tone.

Jiaou Doll has also release a new medium bust body, designated JOQ-15C.
Link here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.15.470174849iUsmm&id=667230065649

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 · (Edited)
War Story's Tifa now with Super Duck's SDH032 head sculpt. The HS is packaged in that logistics box seen behind. Great for those into setting up military scenes. Is that Super Duck's new way if packaging heads?

It's a slight improvement from their Set055 head.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 · (Edited)
My Jiaou Doll JOQ-15C-BS Wheat order arrived and I took some comparison shots with the 10C and 10D.

The 15C has curvier hips, a rounder butt and the arm muscles are more defined, similar to their slim 05B body. In profile, the thighs are thinner than the 10C & 10D.

PS: The joints are really tight.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 · (Edited)
This is Supergirl from Star Man MS-006. I tried it on this PopToys Xing small bust tan body.

The head colour tone works with this body, although a touch lighter, similarly, the Jiaou Doll KT. The VeryCool 'C' body seems too dark. TBL suntan is even darker, and the TBL Pale body is lighter than the head.

Here's the head on the JD KT (2021) body for comparisons.
I am guessing this head tone could better match with the Jiaou Doll New Wheat BS01.

The suit feels like rubber. Not sure if it is PU. The texture and finish is really nice!
The PopToys body is slightly short for the pants and the sleeves are a little loose on the arms. It should fit a TBL body perfectly, as AFM showcased in his thread. The cloak fabric material is very light and the sewn in edge wires are not strong enough to begin to support and shape the cloak as it should. As such, it doesn't fall very nicely.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 · (Edited)
Here's Super Duck set062 the Lunafreya character from Final Fantasy XV. The HS is pale on a S10D. Perfect match!

However, the Super Duck SDH025-C isn't a TBL suntan, nor even a JD BS Wheat tone, but a much stronger and richer reddish blushed tone. Below, I tried the HS on the TBL S12D.

Next YMToys YMT054B HS seems to be somewhat more blushed than the YMT054A HS.

Trying this head on a Jiaou Doll 15C BS Wheat.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I took a better look at the colour tones of the YMToys YMT54 heads with TBL suntan and JD KT and BS Wheat skin tones in daylight, I found that the former 2 work better. Of which the JD KT is the best match.

Here is the YMT54B on the JD KT 10C body.

And the YMT54A on a TBL S33B suntan body. This HS is a touch richer in tone than the TBL suntan.

Below is the GACToys GC017 I got back in 2018. I had in mind a variation of Jessica Rabbit back then, but had been looking for a suitable outfit till this dress was available in 2020. The GC017 use to match the Jiaou Doll KT tone back then in 2018, but not any more. The current JD BS Wheat tone matches this HS best now.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I picked up the Kimi Toys KT012 recently at a discounted price.
In hand the HS looks more Drew Barrymore-ish.

With its included neck cap, the HS neck socket did not fit in deep enough to a TBL. I tried other neck caps I had and found one that worked better. I find this odd for Kimi heads as I took it that they were originally designed for TBL suntan bodies. The other Kimi HSs I have fitted on TBL bodies very well.

With this TBL S17B body, the HS appears a little lighter. It is darker than a TBL Pale (tried and test).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
The latest loot from China took a month to arrive due of covid there, and they were locked down till this month.

Finally received this TBL S22A Pale body for the Star Man MS-006 Supergirl. The suit fits this body at the shoulders best (compared to all the others I tried, including the S07C), as others have shown elsewhere.

This is YMToys YMT058C HS on a TBL S17B suntan body. The HS is somewhat lighter than the body. I found the outfit by accident. I believe it is from the old Phicen Little Red Riding Hood set.

Super Duck Set066, the Ms Marvel set came in a silver aluminium can. Nice packaging!

I didn't use the entire set, as I already had a custom previously put together using a Jiaou Doll 10D-KT body. This was a chance to upgrade it, just using the Super Duck SDH025 HS, with the set066 mask and leotard.

I also picked up the Super Duck SDH028-C HS out of curiousity.
It's a pale, common for Super Duck these days, and obviously match the TBL Pale body perfectly.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Having obtained the Fire Girl FG081 Cammy head, I was very lucky to find that old Super Duck set033B for this character!

The HS is on the Pale TBL S22A. The HS looks a little small on this muscular body, by proportion. Yes, it's a bit of a pinhead situation!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Super Duck Set065 Jane Potter package arrived late this evening. So I took some quick comparison shots, snapped under LED white light.

The HS is larger than normal, similar to Super Duck set066 HS. Tone wise, in a similar comparisons to set066 HS, it is a little warmer than the TBL suntan and even more so due to the blushing makeup. I think the colour matching looks closest to the Jiaou Doll KT tone. I need to see it in daylight!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
Another test shot in daylight with flash! I really like this HS! This is a 2022 S12D, as in the above shot last night.

This S12 is from 2018 and is a touch darker. It seems to be a pretty good match to this HS.

However, I realised that the HS neck socket isn't as deep to receive the TBL long neck post compared to the Jiaou Doll neck connection shown earlier above.

These other body tests are on the TBL S43...

...and Jiaou Doll KT 10E from 2021. This skin tone is also a very good match.

This larger head size seems to work better proportionately to these 2 bodies, IMHO, but they are certainly too large to represent a Natalie character!

Mood shots!

PS. A full body shot with Jiaou Doll BS Wheat 10D body. The head is a touch lighter. Gives her a nice tan look!

Jioau Doll BS Wheat 10C

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 · (Edited)
This is the KO Gal head from TTToys off the HT Golden Armour Wonder Woman. The TTToys head size is similar to the HT head, but is somewhat rougher on the sculpt.

HT (left) and TTToys head (right) on a Jiaou Doll 10E body to match skin tone. The JD 10D is too small for this head.

There is some tonal difference between the HS and the JD BS Wheat tone, the head being darker.
Mine came with imperfections on the forehead area....sigh...

·
Registered
11 Posts
As a Noob, this thread has been extremely helpful! Id like to throw up my two new purchases with their matching heads. The first one is a JD 15c bs01 lt suntan/ wheat and the first head i bought was the pl tiarah. The size kept bugging me alltho the color match was cose enough. I caved, bought the Kt 007 i really wanted the first time and its about as perfect gets. Photos taken in natural light. She is going to be a ooak valkyrie.
The 2nd is a sdh 129A and the Jd 07F -PM body, i love the pink seems to go great with the haircolor and im thrilled they match so well as this head was quite a bit more to find in the usa. ($42) I have no idea what shes going to represent i just thought she was a beauty. I like redheads. Thank u
Hair Skin Lip Hand Plant
Forehead Face Hair Skin Head

Head Lip Waist Lingerie top Toy

Cheek Skin Head Lip Chin

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 · (Edited)
Hi MoonRaven, thank you so much for the colour matches, especially for the Jiaou Doll BS01 tone to KT007/Tariah heads. I have not had a BS01 so far!😁

Just to highlight naming specifics, the BS01 is known is New Wheat or New Wheaten (from GianToys), and according to typical Taobao seller's webpage below.

From Left to Right - New Wheat (BS01) (my highlight), New White (WS01), Wheat (BS), Natural (YS)

Strangely, Jiaou Doll's official website has not been updated with their new skin tones and latest body types.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi MoonRaven, thank you so much for the colour matches, especially for the Jiaou Doll BS01 tone to KT007/Tariah heads. I have not had a BS01 so far!😁

Just to highlight naming specifics, the BS01 is known is New Wheat or New Wheaten (from GianToys), and according to typical Taobao seller's webpage below.

From Left to Right - New Wheat (BS01) (my highlight), New White (WS01), Wheat (BS), Natural (YS)

Strangely, Jiaou Doll's official website has not been updated with their new skin tones and latest body types.
They list it as light suntan on Ebay here in the states. They offer the 15c in 4 colors as well. This is a screenshot of the sellers listing. It may be a language interpretation within the app itself? Heads ive noticed the seller dosent say skin tone or is either pale or suntan. Tiarahs head was labled as suntan but its just slightly darker than the bs01 tone. Ill be looking for a body for tiarah i may just order a tb league suntan petite sized body and cross my fingers!
Communication Device Font Screenshot Portable communications device Mobile device

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
'Light suntan' would be right for the BS01.

The Tariah sculpt is originally from TBLeague and works very well with any TBLeague suntan toned body. There are a lot of knock-offs out there and I got one too, now on a S23B body! Here's a colour comparison shot.

Looks better in daylight!

141 - 160 of 164 Posts