One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 · (Edited)
Where you testing on TBL bodies? If so, is the head lighter or darker than the pale body?

There was someone who posted an in-hand photo in this forum, probably 4 or 5 years ago! I can't remember who.

But according to Ekia Hobbies, they recommend a pale body:

This one shows using a Phicen S01 Pale back in 2014:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where your tests on TBL bodies? If so, is the head lighter or darker than the pale body?

There was someone who posted an in-hand photo in this forum, probably 4 or 5 years ago! I can't remember who.

But according to Ekia Hobbies, they recommend a pale body:

This one shows using a Phicen S01 Pale back in 2014:
Thanks heaps Martian! The Pale is a good match, but only if I don't look at it too closely - it's sort of the right shade but the head is pinker in a way. I guess pale will have to do, maybe add a little choker or a necklace or something so it isn't super noticeable. Appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Thanks heaps Martian! The Pale is a good match, but only if I don't look at it too closely - it's sort of the right shade but the head is pinker in a way. I guess pale will have to do, maybe add a little choker or a necklace or something so it isn't super noticeable. Appreciate your reply.
You may like to try a Jiaou Doll Pink PM body, or a warmer Natural YS body. I have examples in the earlier posts. The former might be a closer match.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 · (Edited)
This is Fire Toys A029 Scarlet Witch. Received this back in Feb, but hadn't had time to have a good look at it till now.

The head sculpt is really lovely. I think sweeter than the KOs! I bought this one because I missed the Hot Toys version back then. I wonder if this HS is a recast of the HT one...

It comes with 3 pairs of hands + 1, 2 pairs of fire effects, but no stand. The body us jointed. The shoe joints pivot side ways too, and so poses well. The neck joint can pivot the head down, but cannot hold a pose downwards.

I tested the HS on a few seamless bodies.
TBL suntan is lighter than this HS. The HS neck socket is a little too shallow for the long TBL steel connector, so that there is gap when the head is pivoted.

Jiaou Doll's KT tone is also too light. Although their BS wheat tone body (below) is the closest match, but still a touch lighter than the HS. Unlike the TBL neck joint, this one fits the head well.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
These heads are my latest buys in the last few months with their body tone matches.
Hair Eyebrow Hairstyle Eyelash Organ

The YMToys Xiu (not official name) head has been around for some years now. The skin tone is somewhat in between the Jiaou Doll KT and BS Wheat tone. So both actually match.

The Super Duck SDDX02 had been released 2 years ago I think. Although the HS matches TBL's pale tone, the head socket isn't wide enough to completely allow the head to sit properly on the TBL neck.

However it sits perfectly on the JD Pink PM neck joint.

The Pink PM body tone is a very close match to the head. I presume the JD New White (WS01) would match better.

Unlike the initial release of Super Duck's SDDX01, this SDDX02 head socket seems slightly different. My SDDX01 was able to accommodate the TBL neck post properly. Here's the head scalpt and face parts and the adjustable eyes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

Just want to share a shot of the Very Cool Jenner A version head on the Jiaou Doll LB 10D KT tone body below. The colour match is exact. I've compared the HS to the TBL Suntan (the next closest match), which is a touch lighter than the HS.

Martian, appreciate your help to the community!

Could you please help me with this request:
1) Could you compare Jiaou KT + BS 2021 / 2020 batch with Verycool heads ? (Jenner, Kerr, FX08 / FX10 ...)

I'm planning to buy Jiaou bodies, but not sure which color to pick, thanks in advance ! 😄

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)
Chitose, post#89 on pg 5 shows comparison photo for Kerr head to KT and BS 2020.

Below is a quick shot comparing JD KT2021 and BS 2021 I acquired quite recently.

Jiaou Doll BS (Wheat) 2021 looks like a perfect match to the Jenner HS, which is a touch darker than KT 2019!!! This is crazy! I don't have time for that shot now, but I eyeballed comparing the 2.

KT 2021 is slightly lighter than KT 2020.

This is terrible!!! I had not opened the KT2021 box until I saw your request. I recently got this one to match an older GACToys GC017 HS that worked with a KT2019! On checking now, I find that the KT2021 tone is so far off from the HS!!! Oh no! And it matches the BS2021 instead.

And the Kerr HS seems a little touch darker for the KT2021. It does match a TBL suntan body tone better.

I do not have the VC body models mentioned in your request. Sorry! I have no idea whether those body tones have changed too, or at all.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Does anyone have the DS Toys D-010 head below?

I’m trying to find out if it goes best with the phicen s16a or s17b body.

View attachment 456558
Sorry wonderpants. I do not have this HS. And as mentioned in your thread on this subject earlier, I have not as yet seen any in-hand posts on this HS-body combo figure pose. But judging just on your pic, and knowing the usual fair complexion of Harley, may I give an educated guess that it could match a TBL Pale toned body?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
As the darker skin tones from Jiaou Dolls have been getting ever lighter in the past 4 years, it has been frustrating at this point to find matches to the Hot Toys type skin tones. Also the tan KT004 tone of 2017 are now so light, it appears lighter than TBL's suntan (just not greyish), I believe, making JD's BS01 hardly any different from their KT004.

These are my latest lineup of heads to body comparisons.

GACToys' Taylor Swift HS and YMToys YMT040 purple hair HS both have a close match to JD's BS Wheat tone, but not exact. The YMToys YMT049B appears to work best with the JD KT004 2021. The KT body from 2020 is a touch darker. Personally, I think both YMToys HSs here are a better match to the physique of the TBL S33B or even S35.

The GACToys Taylor Swift HS is richer in tone to the JD BS Wheat. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any seamless 'of-the-shelf' body darker than this to match, unless you find custom options. UD and LD don't seem to be offering Hot Toys matching body tones either.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 · (Edited)
I've been trying to match the old Super Duck Power Girl HS from 2017 since then. Back from my 1st post here, only the Kumik jointed body has been an exact match.

In 2020, I tried the HS comparing the Kumik (left) with the Jiaou Doll KT004 (2020) (right).

The JD KT004 (2020) seemed like a good close match.

Now I tried the HS on the latest JD BS Wheat (2021) body. Not too bad for tone. It works a little better than the KT004 (2020).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
I grabbed this Super Duck set053 The Water Princess for my DC character collection.

The HS is a perfect skin tone match to both TBL's suntan and VeryCool's FX01-B tan bodies.

However, the outfit has a very low cut and is too loose to cover the decency of the VC body's chest. I had intially intended to use the jointed body for a permanent pose with bent arm for Mera holding her trident. But because of the outfitting problems, I went for the TBL S12D which was a struggle to get outfitted, but in the end, fitted in like a glove!

121 - 140 of 150 Posts