One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Call this something beyond my purview. I've got a special project I'm working on, but - in addition to the custom - I wanted to make a retail-style box and packaging for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in creating their own packaging and - if so - if they could recommend any services that I could consult for creating the packaging. I'll be doing my own box art and labeling, but I'd need to find someone to actually print it on the cardboard.
Lining would be foam, size will either be a standard SS box or the old TS boxes, solid cardboard, no need for plastic lining so that the figure can be viewed on the inside.
Thank you for any help?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about printing on to an actual cardboard box, bit Greko Printing helped me immensely with my custom figure packaging.
They can print what you want in any size as a sticker, then you can apply the sticker over a box, completely covering what was originally there.
My custom figure was just a cardback for a 3 3/4 figure, but I could see applying the sticker/decal over an existing 1/6 figure box to achieve what you're looking for.

http://www.grekoprinting.com/

·
i'm a lover not a fighter
3,141 Posts
ryan...printing a one-off directly to cardboard might be prohibitively expensive. my suggestion to you would be to find a box you already like and apply a full-size sticker to it -or- you could create a wraparound sleeve that prints flat, then fold it into shape and glue.

you'll be able to print directly onto a surface that way in a cost efficient manner.

i'm also interested in doing some of this sort of stuff and have questions too...

does anybody have any other suggestions/solutions for packaging/shipping containers? ideally, i'd like to find a packaging solution that can house a typical figure PLUS a shipping container to house & protect the packaging in transit. i'd like to purchase less than 25 - 50 initially.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Never had occasion to do it with a figure box, but for VHS tape boxes (when I still used them) I would print nice labels out to size on good paper (most any size can be easily configured in MS Word) and tape them to the standard box with double-sided Scotch tape.

I've still got some of those boxes around and they still look pretty good.

I you're good with Photoshop, I would think you could build your labels there and size them appropriately, but I'm not, so I built them in MS Picture It and sized in Word. The two are compatible.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the help and input! :D

I don't know about printing on to an actual cardboard box, bit Greko Printing helped me immensely with my custom figure packaging.
They can print what you want in any size as a sticker, then you can apply the sticker over a box, completely covering what was originally there.
My custom figure was just a cardback for a 3 3/4 figure, but I could see applying the sticker/decal over an existing 1/6 figure box to achieve what you're looking for.

http://www.grekoprinting.com/
Beckley - Many thanks for that link, those guys are right around the corner from me! :D

ryan...printing a one-off directly to cardboard might be prohibitively expensive. my suggestion to you would be to find a box you already like and apply a full-size sticker to it -or- you could create a wraparound sleeve that prints flat, then fold it into shape and glue.

you'll be able to print directly onto a surface that way in a cost efficient manner.

i'm also interested in doing some of this sort of stuff and have questions too...

does anybody have any other suggestions/solutions for packaging/shipping containers? ideally, i'd like to find a packaging solution that can house a typical figure PLUS a shipping container to house & protect the packaging in transit. i'd like to purchase less than 25 - 50 initially.
This is a good point, which is why I'm going to take Beckley's solution with the sticker printers.

·
3,141 Posts
Thank you everyone for the help and input! :D

Beckley - Many thanks for that link, those guys are right around the corner from me! :D

This is a good point, which is why I'm going to take Beckley's solution with the sticker printers.
you could probably bypass a printing company if you have a decent inkjet and access to 8.5 x 11 sticker paper - especially if you're just doing a one-off.

·
3,141 Posts
edit: problem solved

custom shipping solution: $5.95 for rigid die-cut black box with USPS Priority Mail Shoebox + $2.50 for premium aspen excelsior shipping material + $1.00 custom printing/labeling solution (my materials cost) equals elegant, memorable shipping solution for practically nothing...

done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was facing the same issue a few months ago when I was looking for custom packaging boxes for my cosmetic brand. I was looking specially for the custom eyeliner packaging boxes. After a lot of research i found that customboxmakers offers one of the best custom packaging boxes. So I visit them and they deliver really good packaging boxes and i am very happy with their quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts