One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen them locally at some of the adventure supply stores and at Ranger Joes website. Has anyone purchased a pair yet? If so how do you like them? I have been debating on those or another pair of Merrell Chameleons.

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
ABSOLUTELY the most comfortable boot I have ever owned... I wore a BRAND NEW pair the entire WEEKEND OF HEROES and never even came close to getting a blister......

·
Registered
171 Posts
I dont wear them. Here in Afghanistan its mostly KBR employees and Air Force chicks that wear them. I either wear the issue Bellville 390s for hot weather and Belleville 790s for cold weather. I wore Blackhawk Warrior Wear dessert assault boots and dessert ops boots. All are very comfortable boots.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I wear a pair of Danner coyote Acadia's and love the heck out of them.I have worn them prettty much every workday since I got them.I even wore them for 15 hours at Disneyland.And ran from Dumbo to Space mountain,well jogged actually.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Good to see you again, PBR549.

Keith, Butch, and Clay all wear the tactical Chucks, but then again they are pretty much big, ugly girls....

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I wear mine everyday at work (the black sidezips with composite safety toes), and they're damned good boots, but there seems to be a 20:1 love/hate ratio, and I think it's a foot shape issue. Those who love them almost universally say they're the best boots they've ever worn. Those who hate them usually have torn up feet...

Be warned, they do feel kind of like ski boots when you first wear them, but they break in very nicely, and offer a ton of ankle support (a big thing for me).

I'm even thinking about getting a pair of desert soft toes for off duty wear. Another thing to keep in mind is that like any sidezip boot, they're against ACU standard. I've heard there are guys deployed who get away with them, but their a big no no in garrison.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I wear a pair of Danner coyote Acadia's and love the heck out of them.I have worn them prettty much every workday since I got them.I even wore them for 15 hours at Disneyland.And ran from Dumbo to Space mountain,well jogged actually.
Why was Dumbo chasing you??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a pair of the Converses for just under a year now. And all I can say is .... *Speechless* :p

They are seriously comfy. Like the 2nd poster said. I took these on a weekender and well, no blisters, didnt need breaking into. And it didnt feel like I was wearing any shoes! By that I mean, they are light, and you could easily be walking bear foot on a carpet and not tell the difference :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts