One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I am very new to this hobby, I just got interested about two weeks ago.

I was browsing around for some pics of the Medicom 1:6 scale Naked Snake figures because I was intrigued by the idea, and somehow I ended up here and saw some of the custom work you guys have done and was inspired to just make my own instead of forking out the dough.

I have to say my main inspiration has been looking at forum poster Nero's work. I hope you guys enjoy looking at my pictures as much as I have looking at yours.

I currently only have the head "done" I am still working on the body. I am shooting for the absolute best look I can get, and I am becoming obsessive with the details. I will show the head first and add pics of the body when it is completed.

I started with a Charlton Heston head that I ordered, and I used kneadatite to resculpt the hair and I repainted the whole thing. I had never done anything like this before and I feel that I learned quite a bit on the first go. I owe quite a bit to the tutorials I have found around here and around the web. Anyways, here is a pic of what I started with, and what I managed to get out of it over the weekend. More to come!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just pulled some grey and some brown down through his mustache and beard. I think it looks great with that addition, thanks. I added a pic showing it off to the first post, but the lighting is crap and so is the camera and it barely shows up in the picture. I think I might need to go in and redraw the teeth lines, they seem to have bled a little.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will most likely retie it before all is said and done. I am going to try and make a better head band soon, so I will get to that when I have that off. I am getting afraid of taking the eye patch on and off because the little string seems to be getting worn down.

As of now I have all of his gear ready and waiting to go. I have just painted the camouflage onto his m16 and wrapped some tape around it which I then painted to look like leather. I am just waiting on a tiger stripe uniform I ordered that was supposed to get here today, but it is not looking like it will. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a more finished project to show off.

I am feeling the itch to order a second Heston head and do the vanilla non-zombie look for him, maybe get some head swapping action going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally have him finished. I was set back big time because it took forever to finish because the tigerstripe was really late getting here, and on top of that the guy sent me 21st century toys tigerstripe and not the BBI that I ordered! It did not fit and was pretty junky overall, so I decided to go with another camo he wears in game. I have added pics to the first post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.