One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks... time has come for me to look back at the hobby I have grown to love. Many things are changing in my life right now... I'm going back to college and getting ready to change jobs, plus planning to move up north somewhere. Also, my free time is taken up by trying to get into shape by means of the Gym. With all these things going on, it is going to be VERY hard for me to keep up with what I have. I don't think I will be able to focus on everything at once.

So... the main question is... What to do? I know others have come and gone.. sold their collections and moved on to bigger and better things. I still love the hobby... and won't leave far from it. I plan to keep sculpting and painting heads, mainly to build up for my Art portfolio. If I do happen to sell, I'll probably keep a few of my troops, and share the wealth with the rest of you happy people. What do ya'll think?

-=DOOMED=-

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Don't jump

Take your time, put them in storage. Do the college thing, see how you feel about 1/6, as you progress.

Stay in touch.

Mike

PS, take your troops to the gym, for unit exercise.

·
Go ahead- make my day!
1,111 Posts
I concur...

Yeah, what PD said. I have had the same parting of the ways with 1/35th scale models & figs. I still love the hobby, but have not done anything with it since 9/11. I have been tempted on several occaisions to sell all my unbuilt kits, but have opted to store them instead. The day will probably come when i need to "smell the plastic" again, & I don't want to have to start from scratch. It's too expensive! Storage is relatively cheap & painless.
Sometimes 1:1 life must take precedence over all things 1:6th.
Don't make any hasty decisions. However, if you MUST find a nice home for all your stuff, Minnesota would be a WONDERFUL choice....... :lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts