One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,
im looking for a set of g3 cargo trousers but i cant find the colour i want..if i was to get another colour of the same style could i dye them to get the colour i want or wont this work

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Do you happen to know what material they're made of? What color are they now and what color would you be dying them?

Dye works best on cotton fabrics but can be used on polyester and other synthetics, just with less predictable outcomes. You may need to adjust the time you're in the dye bath accordingly.

We've used RIT Dye before on costumes and projects at home and it's served us well. We're located in the US and I'm not sure if you have RIT Dye in the UK but it's very easy to use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey,

not sure i think they are cotton but im not too sure and the knee pads are some sort of plastic

they are currently a light multicam but i want them black. i have spoken to a few people that do custom clothing and the general answer was watered down acrylic paint. i got a bottle of black acrylic paint off amazon so i was going to give that a go.

if that didnt offer any success i am willing to try any other method

as for RIT dye .i can snag some off amazon for about £7 /$10

RIT dye <clicky link)

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Watered-down black acrylic paint was going to be my second suggestion! This might work very well especially if the knee pads are not removable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea my problem is that i dont know how to do it.

in my head i would use more paint than water so the material would soak up mostly the paint .

but then i dont want the trousers to be like cardboard 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
For this you can use special dispersion and cationic dyes for clothes. Before using one or the other, you should pre-dye a scrap of the same fabric or a small area of the garment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts