One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here in Canada, last weekend was a long weekend. It is the long weekend that i usually do my spring cleaning and gardening. Well this year, I cam across 2 figures I do not recall bashing or buying. I know one of them is the Ace Fig that came out after the Seal team 10 fig. But I do not remember buying him. But there he is on my shelf. I went through my gallery and did not see him in any of my pics.

The second is a kitbash using bbi Owl as a base. This figure I did find in my gallery but man, is it old. It must have been one of my first bashes. I just do not remember doing the bash.

Anyone else suffer these kind of memory lapses? I think I may need help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's where I left those! I'm glad you found them, I have been looking everywhere for them. Actually I have done that w/kit (been waiting for a particular piece to get to the house only, to find two of them in the parts bin), but never an entire figure. I think it is a mania of some sort.......?

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
That happened to me recently, i was looking for a figure I knew I had and could not find it anywhere. Then i was clean up an area and in my sub project there it was. Plus my parts bins really need a cleaning...I just bought something I already had....

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man, crusader, I have done that. You buy it and put it aside. You get this great idea, go through your parts and make a list of what you need. You miss the part you set aside and order it again only to find it a day later. I hate that.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I usually find loose gear I don't remember having,but never a complete figure.

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
About a year ago I posted about cleaning out my office closet and throwing out over 100 empty boxes--DML, bbi, HT--you name it. I have no idea why I was holding onto them.

Anyway, I came across two never opened TS sets and I have no idea how long I'd had them or when I'd bought them. My best guess is that I threw them in the closet when I heard my wife coming up the stairs. One was the 5th SF ODA set and I can't remember what the other was.

I have also bought gear I already had. Several times.

You are not alone.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I started using baggies to store equipment for projects I have in mind. I am now starting to have more baggies then complete projects. When I look though the stuff, I am like: Oh yeah, I was going to finish that. OK, someday I will.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Happens to me all of the time.

Usually when I get busy with work, I'm extremely busy, so all of the crap I've ordered during my down time just gets shelved and put away.

So then, when slowdown time comes around again and it's "mandoll time", it's like friggin' Christmas!

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
One time I saw a G.I.Joe item on eBay that I never remembered seeing before. I made a note to bid on it later and went to my Joe room for a project. Low and behold, while moving some stuff, I found that EXACT item, mint in package.

So yeah, HP, that has happened to me a few times. This was just the latest example.
I've also found boxed figures and carded sets and doubles of same. Yeah, it is a sign that you need help.

You might be a 1/6 nut if.....
#11 "You have figures in your Joe Room that you can't, for the life of you, remember how you came by."

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
I occasionally happend with Loose Stuff. Not with complete bashes. Luckily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts