One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gang....i've been a member for a long while and pretty much silent the whole time...for the past 7 years or so i used to be a rather average collector in the begining when this hobby was much much younger...now the years have past and i swear fellas, i haven't bought/traded/sold a figure in almost 5 years....in the time i have beat a couple bad habits and a mean set of cancer...i turned 35 yesterday and last weekend i received word that i can return home to my familes roots in ireland, august is the goal, so therefor i would like to ask the members here what would be my best course of action in liquidation of my complete and total collection....

i have all kinds of figures, from classic dragons to some obscure, back shelf kinda things...some complete some not an im setting on loads of extra equipment, a "kitbashers" dream....time is not on my side or i would piece out everything for maximum profit but now all i really want to do i get rid of the lot as quickly and painlessly as i can, but how should this be done??? some of the bits i have do not have a "refrence" point so that makes "listing" some what difficult...i had thought of "catagorizing" the bits and bodies accrodng to type, that seems the least amout of effort instead of making pics of every single item, and due to about 7 chnage of adresses, lots of the items have been "mis-matched"...any help what so ever would be greatly appreaceated, and i can make myself avaliable for a live chat if neccesary, but i would LOVE to let this lot go all at once...i'm not greedy (the recent few years have showed me diffrent) and i'm not here to capitlize on anyones lack of knowldge in the hobby, i'm just done with this part of my "fun" life and wish to move in a different direction....there for please post your opions/tips/ideas on how i can move such a collection rapidly casue any and all post will help me greatly...i want to thank those who view/post for there time and for there words.

sincerly and respecfully,
Billy "theBill" Hensley
aka magnum

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Pics of complete figures and pics of sorted lots (maybe uniforms, weapons, gear, boots..?) would help, selling it as a whole lot, well you probably have to go to ebay with that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think you'll have to break it up, even if it's into a limited number of categories, and sell it on ebay. The fewer categories will (likely) mean less return, but if you need to move them fast ... that's the best way, IMO.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Groups and lots are your best bet. Depending on the size and composition of your collection, it may be difficult to sell all at once.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Like Deuterides said, break it down in to different lots ie. WWII US together, WWII German together, modern US marines together, Rangers together...and so on. Start here with the different lots in the open market, and then go to eBay. If you have bigger groups of things and the price goes high, eBay takes thier cut in percentages( I prefer to have the seller get what he wants rather than a percentage after dealing with ebay). Not so with the trade forum here. If you have stuff left over then head to ebay for quick selling. If you still have some time start here first. There is less exposure here, but it goes straight to the people who enjoy this 1/6 thing, and then go more 'commercial' with ebay. Just my take on things.

Enjoy Ireland, and best of health to you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Best wishes on your improving health and the trip to Ireland. You might also try contacting some of the retailers around the net who might be willing to buy lots like that. I know that Gail and Ken at www.goodstufftogo.net bt collections from time to time, and I'm pretty sure most of the folks that sell loose parts probably do so, too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
advice

I wouldn't know where to begin in giving you advice on selling your collection, I always hate to hear of fellow hobbiest getting out. But I do want to wish the best and congratulate you on your battles. May the road ahead be smooth travelin'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so, i have been wayyyyyyy absent for some time.....now im ready to let the lil fellas go.....so today i will start posting whats "gotta go".....if anyone has any questions, please pm me right away and i will respond as quickly....

thanks gang,

theBill

·
Boot OSW Admin
1,337 Posts
thansk magnum we all appreciate it and also your figs will be well taken care of on here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.