One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just found this on Dragon's website. I know another German but I still wanted to share it with everyone. looks like they are getting ready for Valkyrie next year. Anyway enjoy.

Jayson

Attachments

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Heh, boy I´m glad he dosent look like Tom Cruise at all, instead they used the real likness of STaufenberg, I would feel offended as a german if they would make a Tom Cruise as Staufenberg figure. Too bad I cant get him here in germany, because of the Nazi symbols on hi (Nazi cross is a forbiddne thing in germany, you can get into jail for having such sutff).

Anyway, nice figure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Heh, boy I´m glad he dosent look like Tom Cruise at all, instead they used the real likness of STaufenberg, I would feel offended as a german if they would make a Tom Cruise as Staufenberg figure. Too bad I cant get him here in germany, because of the Nazi symbols on hi (Nazi cross is a forbiddne thing in germany, you can get into jail for having such sutff).

Anyway, nice figure.
Jeah, I feared I would find the scientology Tom in this thread too.

@Hakenkreuz:
Sofern ich die Gesetz richtig verstehe kriegt man nur Stress wenn man die Symbole öffentlich zeigt oder verbreitet.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Verbotsgesetze

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Ja, aber der Zoll lässt die figur garn nocht durch wenn da Nazi symblole drafsind und die figure wird wohlmöglich vernichtet. Das habe die auch mit dem Modell Kit von einigen andaren Dargon WW2 figuren gemacht.

Deshalb habe ich auch nie in betracht gezogen WW2 figuren tu sammeln.

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts

Anyway, nice figure.
Aren't they (the German government) kinda acting like nazi's by doing just that

Defeat one opressive government just to replace it with another

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Well, no, not really, because, its like that: Nazis are bad, period. I do not care what they have to say, to think or want to do, because they all want the same: kill all forgeiners and get the 4th reich back. Everything that promotes facism or nazism is banned in germany as the country where the agression came from, that measure was taken because we wanted to get back into the seat again and I recall that the USA back then had a great intrest in the same thing.

Good, you can call it stupid that the symbolism is banned and that the figure cant be imporatet, but laws are laws and I think they would make a diffrence wehn its a Staufenberg figure, the man who tried to kill Hitler. But I wont get Sepp Dietrich or Rudolf Hess as figures, because the are a diffrent caliber.

We cant get WW2 games with Stwasikas in it and they are mostly replaced by the Iron cross. MKovies are diffrent, because they are seen as "art". We can even watch Hogans Heros here in germany, with Swazika and "Heil Hitler!".

Its always better to se the history from both sides of the trecnhes and not only one version. I had these discussions more then once and people do not understand, because they do not live here and dont know any history apart from Hitler and Nazis.

Last time somone called germany a Socalist/communist country because we censore Nazis here and stop them from gorwing big again and all that.

Its simple: sometimes the govermnet has to take care of the idots and fools because they are to stupid to help themselfs.

·
Banned
332 Posts
Well, no, not really, because, its like that: Nazis are bad, period. I do not care what they have to say, to think or want to do, because they all want the same: kill all forgeiners and get the 4th reich back. Everything that promotes facism or nazism is banned in germany as the country where the agression came from, that measure was taken because we wanted to get back into the seat again and I recall that the USA back then had a great intrest in the same thing.

Good, you can call it stupid that the symbolism is banned and that the figure cant be imporatet, but laws are laws and I think they would make a diffrence wehn its a Staufenberg figure, the man who tried to kill Hitler. But I wont get Sepp Dietrich or Rudolf Hess as figures, because the are a diffrent caliber.

We cant get WW2 games with Stwasikas in it and they are mostly replaced by the Iron cross. MKovies are diffrent, because they are seen as "art". We can even watch Hogans Heros here in germany, with Swazika and "Heil Hitler!".

Its always better to se the history from both sides of the trecnhes and not only one version. I had these discussions more then once and people do not understand, because they do not live here and dont know any history apart from Hitler and Nazis.

Last time somone called germany a Socalist/communist country because we censore Nazis here and stop them from gorwing big again and all that.

Its simple: sometimes the govermnet has to take care of the idots and fools because they are to stupid to help themselfs.
So ,so true.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Not to tip this into a political discussion, but once a Government ban is into effect ( ex: the banning of all things NAZI in Germany)its only a short time before this is banned for x reason and that this banned for y reason. THIS is a lot more dangerous.

siquisiri

·
Plastic Yank
2,333 Posts
In the words of Canadian Jewish writer Ezra Levant (touching on a similar topic), "what is the government's implication here? That tolerant, liberal societies are not strong? That, instead, we need the stern hand of a state political censor? Isn't that exactly the opposite of the lessons of Nazism?"

We cant get WW2 games with Stwasikas in it and they are mostly replaced by the Iron cross. MKovies are diffrent, because they are seen as "art".
And high-calibre 1/6th scale military models are not considered art? Really rather an odd choice, as I'd think it would be much easier to get a group of impressionable young men fired up over a movie that depicted Nazi German troops in action than a simple, static reproduction of a historical figure.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
On the tangent, I believe the ban has been in place more or less since shortly after WW2 ended. It's also worth noting that different countries' have censorship in very differnet aspects of their society. Comparing US and German censorship laws regarding violent material vs sexually explicit material is an interesting excercise, not to mention different areas of the US's tolerance to things like sexually explicit material and weapons/violent material (like the stuff we're all on this site for!). The US makes a good case study in itself.

On the figure itself, I'll gladly purchase this, on the first chance I get. I have a few WW2 Germans, including a few ITPT figures, including a Totenkopf SS man, simply because of their superior aesthetics.

This one though, like the DiD Rommel, I can get both because it looks good, but also because of who they represent. I wonder if they will have correct hands for this figure to represent Von Stauffenberg's injuries? I'd have to see a good photo, but the likeness also seems a bit young and unscarred. I can understand the use of a patch with an actual eye underneath, as it gives bashers more leeway, but I'd be interested in seeing a good and true likeness.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
addendum - will he even have a highly visible swastika on him? I know there's a tiny one on his hat, eagle and iron cross, but the IC one would be near-invisible, and he doesn't wear a party armband or anything...

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
The german customs offices are a "Idiots only Zone" , i came several times into contact with them, once leading to them pressing charges against me because they thought i violated the weapons law for a airsoft part.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not to tip this into a political discussion, but once a Government ban is into effect ( ex: the banning of all things NAZI in Germany)its only a short time before this is banned for x reason and that this banned for y reason. THIS is a lot more dangerous.

siquisiri
Yeah but what do you want to do against it? You simply have to accept it.

Sorry for Offtopic.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
^I wouldn't worry as it went kind of off a long while ago :p Here, we complain. Sometimes if we complain enough someone listens, unless the counter complainers are louder n_n

Part of me understands the ban and accepts it, but another part of me feels the way siquisiri does. Then again I'm not too worried at the moment about either nation crushing our civil liberties....

However, a short time ago, evilbay started to ban swastikas/nazi paraphernalia as well as the iron cross because someone got in a huff about it. It even went to the extent --at least for awhile-- that WW2 German figures couldn't be listed either. This hurt some dealers on the forum, so that sucked. But now, I see them all the time again. Even the once blacked out swastikas aren't blacked out anymore. Meh.
[Also I suspect this may have been an attack on one or two retailers.. but hey who knows]

And a while before that, military action figures got pulled from the shelves because someone got in a hissy fit about it.

And most recently, Boy Scouts collecting money for some sort of soldier fund were banned from collecting because someone complained that they were being militaristic or some crap. Little things add up.

Pretty ironic, since during the filming of Valkyrie, giant nazi banners were all over one of the buildings and a main fairway if I recall..

Anyway sort of back on topic, ZeroDelta, I guess this kind of ruins the figure a little [better than jail time!], but would it be OK if the retailer or someone removed the offending symbols before shipping it to you?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts