One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Classic Plastik Opinions

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Daniel Prado 
#1 ·
They have some interesting 1/6 items avaiable. Your opinions please.

#7 ·
I'm not agreeing with any of you here. I see a lot of stuff I have not seen before at reasonable prices. The head sculpts are not unreasonable and the Viggo head unpainted looks pretty good. Yes his paint apps are a weak, but better then mine.

I also don't collect boxed figures - I like to bash and make my own.

#8 ·
Some of that stuff has potential in the right hands, but the presentation on the site is weak. Their paint jobs hurt the appeal of what seem to be passable heads. And yes, $350 for that Adam West Batman is ricockulous. If these peopel are making this stuff in their garage, then I have to give them Kudos, but if they are trying to be pro, they got a long way to go.

#9 ·
This guy is going for a "Captain Action" look to these figures. They are meant to be true to this very specific genre. In that vein they are really very good. Looks like he puts a lot of care into replicating this look from the gloves to the look of the head sculpts.

You can not take this "Captain Action" style of Batman (60's TV) and compare it to a Medicom or Hot Toys modern version.

#10 ·
In that case I will say he does it well then. It does have the Captain Action look to it.

Also I think SilentSurfer is right. The presentation is lacking and maybe that's a big part of why it struck me as being "so-so". He should contract out to one of the many talented painters on this board to get some exceptional paint jobs for those sculpts. :)

#11 ·
Not to knock Captain Action style, but when that's what 1/6 looked like, I hated 12" figures and would never have started this hobby. That's when I was into doing vinyl and resin model kits. If it weren't for the model experience, I would be so good at customizing 1/6 figures now. Captain Action is more of a dolly style, but if you like it for the nostalgic appeal, I totally understand that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.