One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
retired firefighter
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the last one was fun to throw around so here we go for #2...…. any interesting details in another classic The Devils Brigade

·
retired firefighter
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys after viewing it this morning after posting this thread didnt real ser anything only thing I noticed was wrong era gear

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think they got the unit patches, the M43 jackets, wearing Corcorran boots, the commando knives, the Thompson SMG's, M1911's, the unit was 50% US and 50% Canadian, scaling Monte La Defensa, the senior Canadian officer killed on Monte La Defensa all right. The rest was pure fiction, still it's a fun movie for a Sunday afternoon.

·
retired firefighter
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I noticed was the black jump boots I dont think they were around till the 50s....correct me if I'm wrong........also on there graduation day they wore red berets
Still a great movie honoring a awesome force

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Heya fire03!

As you mentioned, the black boots and other leather gear (holsters?) that didn’t replace the correct brown leather gear until the fifties, the red berets instead of softcaps, and the ever common use of M41 light tanks or M47 mediums as generic “panzers”.

·
Registered
739 Posts
What I noticed was the black jump boots I dont think they were around till the 50s....correct me if I'm wrong........also on there graduation day they wore red berets
Still a great movie honoring a awesome force
Were they really black? I'll have to watch it in HD one day, the berets were wrong but the lanyards are correct i believe. Holden wears what looks like a mountain parka in the skiing scene, might've been the only one they could get their hands on.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
The most glaring thing about this movie for me is the bizarre "Canadian" accents, some weird British/Irish hybrid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts