One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fall Chiller Theatre Expo in Parsippany, New Jersey on Oct. 24-26 has started posting the guests for the show. The names include Lee Majors, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton, James Remar, Tatum O'Neal, Doug Bradley ("Pinhead" in the Hellraiser movies), and the three Japanese actors who have played Godzilla since the 1950s and many more. To see the full list so far (they'll be adding more names up until the show) go here: Chiller Theatre - Guests!

David

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Re: Chiller Theatre guest list posted

That is an impressive list of cool people. There was a horror/scifi con here in KC, a few weeks ago, and my daughter was really psyched. As the date approached, a bunch of guests cancelled, so she took a pass. I don't know if it was something about the show, or KC, or what, but that really sours fans.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah, Chiller tends to get some pretty good guests. At past shows, I've gotten autographs from people like Martin Landau, Bruce Dern, Michael Biehn, Thomas Jane, David Carradine, Larry Hagman, Ralph Macchio, Barbara Eden, Ginger Lynn, Seka, and Robert Culp. You can often run into the guests in the elevators in the show hotel; I once rode down with Ernie Hudson, who was decked out in his "Ghostbusters" costume! The vast majority of the guests are very nice to fans as well, and will chat with you.

The other great thing about Chiller is the dealers' room; you can find all kinds of cool stuff there... toys (current & vintage), action figures of all kinds, photos, movie posters, DVDs (both legit & bootlegs of films & TV shows not released on legit DVD), books, comics, magazines, model kits... the list is endless!

David

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts

Yeah, Chiller tends to get some pretty good guests. At past shows, I've gotten autographs from people like Martin Landau, Bruce Dern, Michael Biehn, Thomas Jane, David Carradine, Larry Hagman, Ralph Macchio, Barbara Eden, Ginger Lynn, Seka, and Robert Culp. You can often run into the guests in the elevators in the show hotel; I once rode down with Ernie Hudson, who was decked out in his "Ghostbusters" costume! The vast majority of the guests are very nice to fans as well, and will chat with you.

The other great thing about Chiller is the dealers' room; you can find all kinds of cool stuff there... toys (current & vintage), action figures of all kinds, photos, movie posters, DVDs (both legit & bootlegs of films & TV shows not released on legit DVD), books, comics, magazines, model kits... the list is endless!

David
--

That sounds like my kind of show.

I used to drive down with friends to Orlando for a few shows each year (i.e. MegaCon, FX, etc.), but MegaCon really waned and this year's show was a complete cluster*** because they didn't plan it well and got way overcrowded, no parking, etc.

The God damn organizers were pretty much unrepentant in how they handled and addressed all the problems.

FX disappeared and came back, but it was very lackluster.

No really decent shows to attend short of driving possibly down to the Tampa area or further South in FL for the really good shows.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Re: Chiller Theatre guest list posted (UPDATED 9-27-14)

Good Lord...

That's one helluva list of stars.

Ace Frehley??? Cool. Never was much of a Kiss fan, but his solo stuff is pretty damn good and Kiss hasn't been the same without him, despite what Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley might say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts