One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1:6 Scale Kilt Maker
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No guarantee that this is anything other than one local MI store and due to the withering local economy (7.7% unemployment rate in MI versus 4.7% nationally), but I just wanted to throw out a heads up as the Taylor, MI Big Lots has the Kayak and HALO Paratrooper sets on clearance for $10 each.

The HALO sets I've never purchased, and only saw the latino headsculpt version, but the Kayak sets are great as the wet suit that comes with the figure is prime stuff for bashing superheroes.

In the pink aisle, the articulated Western Barbie was on clearance for $5. The body is jointed at the knees and arms, the mostly flexible she's been in years, and sports low rise jeans, cowboy boots, a western shirt, and cowboy hat. With a little work - add feet and hands - and some custom work on the headsculpt - the figure is decent dio filler and the clothes aren't too bad for bashing either.

No deals on the $9 box figures, nor any idea if those will be clearanced. The manager - who cashed me out - indicated that these items were being clearanced to make room for other toy stock.

Good luck and good hunting.

Will Emero II

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
Unfortunately they didn't have any PT guys I wanted...I was really looking for some of the newer ones. Especially the one with that cool gun, not sure what kind it was. They only had a few HALOs, Dirtbike guys, UAV set, and a kayak set. But none had a pair of bare hands, which was really why I was looking.

·
1:6 Scale Kilt Maker
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's odd.

In a completely unscientific survey I hit two other Big Lots in Metro Detroit this afternoon and found only one with the PT 'military canoe' and 'HALO Trooper' sets discounted, however, this one had a HUGE floor display of clearance toys including Barbies, Bratz, and Transformers.

The HALO sets were both the headsculpts - the mustachioed Latino figure and the outstanding Bruce Lee likealook sculpt.

I hate to see 1/6th take another blow in a shrinking retail market, but I love a bargain.

Best wishes -

Will

·
Bash in my sleep.
3,023 Posts
shaun1162 said:
Unfortunately they didn't have any PT guys I wanted...I was really looking for some of the newer ones. Especially the one with that cool gun, not sure what kind it was. They only had a few HALOs, Dirtbike guys, UAV set, and a kayak set. But none had a pair of bare hands, which was really why I was looking.
there is only 2 biglots in my town and neither of them have what I want which is the UAV set..Im off tomoorow and Ill be going to biglots for sure.One of my local big lots had a ton of AA figures.It was like they had every new figure in a AA HS..I picked up one and most likely getting another one monday

Not to mention the PT ACUs look real nice

·
Bash in my sleep.
3,023 Posts
howlin mad murdock said:
bought two kayaks going to sand off molded on rope and net details and replace with scale items.
That sounds real cool Let us know how that turns out

shaun1162-Ill see what I can do thats popular set I bougth one last year at KB toys on sale

·
Registered
565 Posts
big lots

also check the bodies used in some of the PT sets they are old 21 st century
bodies.
still have markings on the body and joints are different then on regular PT bodies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts