One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's another movie figure I just finished. It is Charlton Heston from the 1965 Sam Peckinpah film, "Major Dundee". Heston plays a Union major who leads a force that includes Confederate prisoners, under Richard Harris. They are pursuing Apache raiders into Mexico where they not only have to fight the Apache, but French lancers, as well. While not my favorite cavlary flick, hey, it's a CAVALRY flick! AND it has Charlton Heston!
Here are a couple of stills from the movie:

And here is what I did with the figure:

The figure is a SST "Planet of the Apes" Heston, and the trousers, boots and greatcoat and saber are SST, as well. The jacket, kepi, and belt plate are BGT. The shirt is Did. The belt, holster, gauntlets, neckerchief, shoulder boards and cap insignia are mine. Hope you enjoy him.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Very cool. If the studio hadn't f'd it up in the editing room that would have been a classic movie. Nice job on replicating a couple of the stills; and nice job on the costume.:bravo

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Very good, Mark! It wouldn't be Chuck Heston without a neckerchief. I'll watch major Dundee every time it pops up, it's Peckinpah, has a BIG cast, US Cavalry vs French lancers, and Senta Berger! Not to mention artillery.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Nice work Mark!

Just saw this for the first time a coupla' weeks ago... good flick!

Think your mini-Chuck is a most suitable homage to the film.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, all. Glad you like him
Stryker2011- the editing is pretty poor for a major. If you had to watch the Apache leader one more time in the same exact loop, yelling, "Who will you send against me now?!", and which was poorly dubbed...:knock
CobraTrooper11 - bought two different SST Heston bodies a long time ago. This was the easier bash, so it got done first. Haven't seen any recently.
pukingdog - Can't believe I mentioned Richard Harris and NOT Senta Berger!:doh But seriously, there was ARTILLERY in this one?:wink Glad Chuck liked the neckerchief - hides the neck joint with the open shirt.
I'll have to display him with the bumper sticker - "My President is Charlton Heston".

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Excellent work, man.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Excellent take on Major Dundee. I have the side show figure as well, I've also used mine as an Indian wars Cavalry officer. Mine is kind of a post civil war Major Dundee. I'm also a big fan of the film, even though it is a frustrating film. It has so much potential, but it was butchered by heavy handed editing. Still I own a copy of it, and watch it once in a while for inspiration. Now that we have a couple of versions of James Coburn out there (DML and DiD) I'm looking forward to seeing someones take on Samuel Potts. Once again, excellent rendition of Dundee.

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts