One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
not EchoBase Tung (Staff emeritus)
2,994 Posts
**** I believe is derived from a old Germanic word, it was deemed inapporiate by the "civilized" Romans once they conquered those areas of the world. The Roman we known to deem many of the words used by the natives as Curse words once they took over the area. The reasoning was to destroy a people by destroying their culture and the easy way to take away language. The Roman language at once became the langauge to posterity.

Tung

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I find the monitor entertaining.....guys it can allow us to use our brains to figure out what word f'in changed. Besides who really gives a shiite? I notice when i receive my e-mail alerts there is no editing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Right on One Bravo Four! I try to avoid forums with excessive use of swearing. Many times I have found that this brings down the community and makes it an unpleasant place to visit.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Censorship goes beyond cursing...... :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
As a non-english speaker, I strongly disagree with this measure.
Monsignore, one needs to hear our words of love spoken, to truly appreciate the beauty of their useage by a true artist. Written profanity loses it's true power when read by someone who can't swear like a man wearing a round brown.

·
I rool da puny Kalifonian
971 Posts
I like swear words!! But they should be used sparingly and for effect!!!! Rather like exclamation marks!!! If you use them too much they become annoying and foolish!!!

·
Spiritual Advisor
236 Posts
Macliggett said:
Monsignore, one needs to hear our words of love spoken, to truly appreciate the beauty of their useage by a true artist...
Yep, that's true, my son.

You shoulda've heard some of our DIs at the Paras, pouring "words of love" on us.
And true artists they were... :p

21 - 28 of 28 Posts