One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The pants are bit over scaled sadly. I will have to recycle over the cargo pockets over to a new set.

They look very close to CCE Pattern Woodland.

Let me know what you guys think? Do they look pretty close in your eyes.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Re: CCE French F1/F2 pants Scratch.

It's hard to tell with the color from the lighting in the image but it looks good to me. You're sewing skills have gotten quite impressive but one thing that I would have to question is the color of the thread that you've chosen. I can't say whether the thread that you've chosen is correct or not concerning the 1:1 uniforms but it stands out far too much. Since there doesn't appear to be such a thing as 1:6 scale thread, the stitching is always going to be somewhat overscale but I think that can be mitigated with a darker thread such as a medium to dark olive that doesn't appear quite so vivid when you view it.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The Thread is what I have in stock sadly. I need the darker OD Green. I though I have the thread laying around somewhere. BUT! that is a question of.. Where the hell did it go? Also agree with the coloring of the image. My camera is showing its age. :(

Thank you Scimitar!

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have FOUND my Missing OD Tread! So now I can work on the shirt when I get some time.

Hey guys! I found this pattern on ebay a few weeks ago. Started working on this CCE French style F1/F2 uniform. The 1st image is the OVERScaled pants and the kinda correct scale. *Still a bit baggy as you all will see in the image.

Let me know what you guys think? Looks SUPER darn close to CCE. A little dark in the color IMHO! BUT Looks good.

Just a heads up? Because of my job and school for IT. I don't have time to work on this. So, it's going to be another one of those. Off and on projects like the other Sci-Fi woodland build I have going on. Let me know what you guys think. I do agree with Scimitar on the darkness of the fabric. Looks good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: CCE French F1/F2 pants built. Update!! Pants finished!

I think the pants look great, though I agree the thread should be darker. Mainly I am really envious of your sewing skills.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,031 Posts

In the latest pictures, the brown looks better. I was going to comment on the first few pics, but it could just be a lighting thing.

The French pants tend to be less baggy than most other nations, but they have those huge and unique cargo pockets. And I think you have nailed it Uswin :thumb

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,007 Posts

Us win

Awesome work! :thumb

xavier

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Now here the F1/F2 shirt.

Decided just to do a FAKE Zipper look to the shirt.

OH NO!!!! GOSH DARN IT!!! Made the sleeves to short.. T_T I guess I'll do a rolled up sleeve version for this figure build.

So far, I need to do the elastic around the waist of the shirt. I have found pictures of French Soldiers with this shirt tucked into the pants. So! Hmm.. *rubs chin*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts