One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· 1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The only celebraty I would have felt comfortable talking to as she was as bonkers as me, I'm so gutted I'm actually crying on medication that's designed to stop me feeling anything!

I could add so many other pictures but I hope other fans of hers will do that on this thread.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Much like her SW character, she was smart, tough and fearless. She was there at the start of the franchise, which launched a whole new interest in the Sci-Fi genre. Her Leia character proved to young girls that women could be bad a_ _ action heroes right along with the guys..
She was just too kewl and left us way too soon...

· Respect, Honour, Courage
2,899 Posts
She "drowned in moonlight strangled by her own bra" in the words she wanted to use. To me, like many, she was my first on screen crush. I was 2 in 1977, so didn't make it to a New Hope in the cinema, but watched TESB there plus ROTJ. I grew up, with her as my crush, throughout childhood and adulthood (although others joined the list lol). Her personality was shown worldwide, and you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who doesn't know who she was.

2016 has been an horrible year, this one has hit me hard. I wish I hadn't cancelled my going to Celebration Europe this year.

· Registered
531 Posts
So tragic, this has been a strange Christmas, so many well known artists leaving this world. I've had one member of my family die on Christmas Eve, and another rushed to hospital on Christmas Day after suffering a heart attack. Currently four of my five kids are laid up with the norovirus sickness bug, have been since Boxing Day.

Carrie was too young, what a great character Leia was.

RIP.

· Registered
299 Posts
Usually, I'm not one to feel the passing of celebrities. But David bowie and her really got to me. They were such singular individuals. The world is definitely a poorer place without them. She always was the only princess I ever cared about. May the force be with you, Carrie.

· Whatever Works, Dude
2,266 Posts
Finally fully unpacked my Hot Toys Princess Leia figure for some tribute photos:

Carrie Fisher, 1956 - 2016 by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

There were times when the burden on her shoulders was too much to bear. When she felt the losses and the sacrifices eating away at her, and she wanted nothing more than to lay down her weapons and give up the fight.

And she knew she couldn't. She knew she was an icon. She knew how many looked up to her, and treated her as a role model. She knew that by being seen fighting, she gave hope to others fighting the same battles no matter how bad the odds.

She knew she would never give up. She knew it would never end. She knew her burden was more than one person should ever have to bear, but she shouldered it in the hope that none who followed would ever have to sacrifice as she did. And then she would hold her head high and march forth to the fight again.

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher.

Time to Go, Old Friend by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

Paying tribute to the late great Carrie Fisher and Kenny Baker, both taken from us in 2016.

· 1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It appears her mother chose to join her, so tragic..

Wonderful pictures and words by everyone on this thread.

· firefighterUK
6,832 Posts
Just like Star Wars itself Carrie made a big impact upon my young life. I saw Star Wars upon its first release at the age of 7 at the Odeon cinema in my hometown of Hartlepool here in the UK. It changed everything for me. The young cast became heroes I held and hold dear to me this day. The original trilogy movies are a place of comfort to me in my middle aged life and everything that brings. I like many others are truly saddened at the loss of her. So sad. A talent beyond her role of the Princess but one we all knew best. Rest in peace Carrie along with your Mother Debbie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.