One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if any ones tried this or not but others besides me should know. If cleaned with alcohol before hand, vinyl wrap. The kind used for wrapping cars, adheres to figures even phicen / tb league bodies. This makes a lot of sci-fi or fantasy clothes and armors a lot easier to make. As it adheres to itself, can be layered. making complex panel lines a cinch. Without any sewing And most importantly. it shrinks with heat. making tailoring very easy. it comes in any color and finish. including camo, 3d textures like carbon fiber or scales. Gloss chrome and matte. And makes it possible to create a variety of skin tight clothes. Would be great for superhero outfits. Swimsuits and wet suits. Outfits in video games or anime that use unique pieces etc. it wrinkles like cloth when it contracts. since its intended to cover cars it's very cheap. This whole set only took about a 1 dollar worth of material( ....not including jacket....) I am using it to make a 1/6th scale ivy valentine. Then i'll try some metal gear style suits.

A quick example i made with scraps.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
253 Posts
That's excellent! Remarkable ingenuity! Where do you get the material? Also, can it be removed without damaging the figure?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's excellent! Remarkable ingenuity! Where do you get the material? Also, can it be removed without damaging the figure?
Yup peels right off harmlessly that's why its so popular with exotic cars. The good quality brands don't even leave adhesive residue. The heat needed to shrink it is minimal. not enough to cause harm a hairdryer can do it. It used to only be available online. I've used oracal 3m and vvivid. Recently Michaels, the arts store chain started carrying oracal in small a4 size sheets. Some auto parts stores carry it also.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Oh, alright... Form-fitting's especially gratifying for the Phicen seamless, I'd imagine, ad minimus... G-bikinis and Vampirella-esque pasties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts