One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to capture movie screen shots. I use goolge images but you don't always get the best pictures or pictures not large enough.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
I use a program called Hypersnap. Many free screen capture programs will not capture video from DVDs or DirectX programs like games.

Hypersnap does have a free 20-day trial. I have been using this for years from back in the day when I used to do in-game screen captures. So, there may be others out there now that are free and will do what you need. Check out Download.com and search for screen capture.

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
DVE is correct. I use medai player and do get snaps from my computer dvd player.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For a Divx while using media player classic
Pause, then hit print screen on your keyboard
open photoshop or any other program for that matter
creat new document (setting should reflect the size of the window you grabed)
and paste (Ctrl v)
and voila...

Attachments

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
I use VLC player and windows media classic, they are able to take screengrabs :)

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
PowerDVD produces great results, sure, it'll cost you but they look great. Mine spits out BMP's but then it is an older version, below are some from Bullitt on DVD the clarity isn't crash hot, but these were done on my old PC with a less powerful graphics card, still, they give you an idea.......

CHEERS!

Attachments

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
I use CyberLink's PowerDVD for screen captures from DVDs. It allows you to capture an image as large as the display area of your monitor. You can also zoom into the onscreen image before the capture. The basic version costs $49.95 but you can download a free trial version. Check it out at http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. My laptop has Intervideo Windvd. I could not screen cap. w/that. I was able to find Windows media player and use that to capture all those little areas that I could not find on the net.
Again thanks-hopefully I'll have the fig ready soon.
_Dwing

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
The free trials of PowerDVD don't let you do screen caps and the functions are very limited, you're best off getting a full version.

CHEERS!

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
rogerbee said:
The free trials of PowerDVD don't let you do screen caps and the functions are very limited, you're best off getting a full version.

CHEERS!
You're right, Roger! I'd forgotten because it's been years since I've used the trial version of PowerDVD! :knock

·
Introdce a little Anarchy
165 Posts
VLC Media Player is your best bet. Completely free and it will play all video files (at least from my experience). Check out the properties to see where your screen cap will save and hit ctrl + alt + s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.