557 Posts
negative, works fine, reboot? update browser or flash? might work, dunno

*shrug*

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Chat rooms are so 90's.
Then don't enter!!

As usual the room needed a mass cleaning due to "ghosts" left behind after exiting the room improperly. Norm has cleared all the bans which happens to be the easiest ay to get rid of the rotting corpses. LOL

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
As usual the room needed a mass cleaning due to "ghosts" left behind after exiting the room improperly. Norm has cleared all the bans which happens to be the easiest ay to get rid of the rotting corpses. LOL
I have been told that I sometimes leave a ghost even after exiting properly. (red dot and "/quit").

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Well, I´m currently getting an error that somone else is logged in with my name, but I exited the chat properly yesterday. Guess I still left a ghost somehow. Any idea what can be done about this?

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Yeah, but can you see my user name in the chat room ZeroDelta? If so, I left a ghost and cant log in.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
I see. As it appears, the Flashchat isnt fully loading for me, I get logged in, but I have no chat window, wehn I reload the chat, it tells me I´m already in, its really wired.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Pressed the RedX in the chat window and then was redirected to the forum page and then I closed the TAb.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Well, have the problem again, my "ghost" is still logged into the chat. I never had this problem with FlashChat ever. Can som admin please set a timeout or something so people who are no active are dropped from the chat? I think that would be a solution, because since 2 days now I´m in the chat, even if I´m not and it seems that no one can kick me or something.

Why not install a Java based chat instead of this Flash thingie? Would cause less problems and all......

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Short of an overhaul or replacement, try using FireFox for chats from now on.
Its not a bad browser to have on your computer. Its free and you can still use IE if you prefer it.

I only suggest this because earlier, much to my chagrin, I hurriedly left chat the wrong way on my laptop and went out. Hours later when I got home, I checked OSW on my PC and tried to log into chat as usual, only to see the horrid window asking for me to log in, letting me know I had left a ghost.

On a whim I went to my laptop, powered it back up, and opened firefox' browser again. Then I went to its history and reopened "Flashchat v4.7.12" and voila I was in again. Then I logged out correctly and signed on via my PC without any problem.

I'm guessing this is because firefox has that 'restore session' option unlike IE.
On IE though, I open chat via tabbed windows, and if I accidently navigate away or close it, as long as the window is open, I can get back in. And keeping an extra tab on that window means I won't accidently close it either, because of the warning that'll pop up.

Please don't try this and leave a perma ghost, proving me wrong @[email protected] I hope it does work though, and alleviates this one problem of the chat for all of you.

Edit: Sorry I guess this won't help if your ghost is already in there and its too late to test my hypothesis.. Just gotta bug a mod to ban the ghosts. T_T

1 - 20 of 20 Posts