One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who wants to see a canadian soldier in afghanistan figure in CADPAT. almost every country in the world has there army uniforms and weapons in 1/6 but there hasnt been for canada, when were there be a modern canadain soldier in afghanistan, l would kill my next door neighbor for one,who else agrees.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I think your neighbor is safe. This is a question that has gone unanswered by the 1:6 companies for a while now.

We all want it, but doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I think we need a few more SEAL gunners, SEAL UDT divers, SEAL HALO jumpers, SEAL UDT diver/HALO jumpers, SEAL mountaineers, SEAL VBSS, SEAL VBSS in cold weather uniform(???), SEAL "night ops" jumpers(static line & MFF versions), 'nam SEALs, SEAL DEVGRU, SEAL CQB, SEAL "night ops" CQB, SEAL riverine ops, SEAL in ACU....

After those figures have been done at least two or three times each, then maybe there will be room for a Canadian figure to be made.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we need a few more SEAL gunners, SEAL UDT divers, SEAL HALO jumpers, SEAL UDT diver/HALO jumpers, SEAL mountaineers, SEAL VBSS, SEAL VBSS in cold weather uniform(???), SEAL "night ops" jumpers(static line & MFF versions), 'nam SEALs, SEAL DEVGRU, SEAL CQB, SEAL "night ops" CQB, SEAL riverine ops, SEAL in ACU....

After those figures have been done at least two or three times each, then maybe there will be room for a Canadian figure to be made.
Yea the seals are cool but they already have all that stuff all you have to do is buy the stuff loose and you can bash any navy seal out there, l want a canadian soldier damit.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Brits and Aussies and even the Germans have gotten the modern 1/6 treatment. But, it seems like US military stuff is what sells and I guess the companies would rather take a sure bet with most collectors than gamble that something new and unproven is a wise investment for 100 bucks a pop.

While the voices have cried long and hard for some CADPAT clad soldiers, they seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

My guess is that creating an accurate, modern Candian solider is not easy. The uniform and Canadian-specific gear is not readily available to manufacturers for work from. And it would require almost 100% new gear since a Canadian soldier is camo'ed from head to toe. Not much in the way of OD or tan.

That means two things-- you can't re-use Canadian figure parts for other figures-- other than more Canadian figures. And, if your first figure is a bust, then you just flushed all the new gear and R&D right down the toilet.

But, there's always hope. A slim hope-- but hope none the less.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,922 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Canadians in CADPAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

But seriously freeloader, get in line. I think we should harass Soldier Story to make us one. I'd personally buy a case of them. There are a few of us who have started into some serious Canadian Soldier custom, and it's not an easy task. The only piece of gear that's close to anything else is the Diemaco C7/8 and that is still different than your average M4/16. Drop me a PM sometime and we can compare notes, or just dream out loud. I have a few pieces of actual Canadian gear, and a small library of ref materials, if you need any pictures.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Canadians in CADPAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

But seriously freeloader, get in line. I think we should harass Soldier Story to make us one. I'd personally buy a case of them. There are a few of us who have started into some serious Canadian Soldier custom, and it's not an easy task. The only piece of gear that's close to anything else is the Diemaco C7/8 and that is still different than your average M4/16. Drop me a PM sometime and we can compare notes, or just dream out loud. I have a few pieces of actual Canadian gear, and a small library of ref materials, if you need any pictures.
l got lots of pics and references, l just joined the canadian army and leave for basic in a couple of months and l have a head sculpted that looks like me a little bit and l would like to bash a fig of my self in desert CADPAT, it would be something cool just to have on the shelf l think.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts

Yea the seals are cool but they already have all that stuff all you have to do is buy the stuff loose and you can bash any navy seal out there, l want a canadian soldier damit.
I believe you missed justin's sarcasm.LMAO

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cadpat..huh, I think you'd have better luck getting some woodland marpat and customize it a bit, Or if you were to dye an ACU uniform you might get something like this:

it'd be a streatch, but it might do until some company finially decides to make one.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,922 Posts
Temperate MARPAT is closer, but still not the same for TW CADPAT. AR CADPAT is lighter than Desert MARPAT, but still not the same. In a pinch, you could use them. ACU would be totally off, even dyed, as ACU only has 3 colours and CADPAT has 4 colours.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Temperate MARPAT is closer, but still not the same for TW CADPAT. AR CADPAT is lighter than Desert MARPAT, but still not the same. In a pinch, you could use them. ACU would be totally off, even dyed, as ACU only has 3 colours and CADPAT has 4 colours.
oh my mistake, I thought acu and cadpat had the same number of colours my bad.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
The Cadpat license is owned by someone and he ain't letting it go. Or so i understand.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,922 Posts
Ummmmm...... the Trademark, pattern, R&D, etc.... are all owned by Department of National Defense, Our military, and the stuff is made under licence and is controlled. The aftermarket tactical gear, wannabe gear and airsoft stuff is the same camo pattern, but the material is different and has different cuts, and treatments to the material. That's why it's especially hard to find AR CADPAT right now. All the real stuff is currently being used up for the troops. And when they get home they are required to turn it back in, or so I was told from a friend in the CF.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I wish all my 1/6 stuff was not packed for moving because I have a couple of the Power Team Marpat uniforms, which I think look pretty close to Arrid Cadpat...I used one for a JTF2 sniper...I will get pics as soon as I get moved in and unpacked in a month or so.

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
Here is the thing, a lot of these companies make small runs of 300 to 500 already. It seems if we could get enough people here or on other boards to agree to buy a certain amount they could sell an entire run of them. I would love to see a CARDPAT or Polish figure.

I remember someone did a CARDPAT by dying some BBI woodland Marpat here a while back.

·
Average Guy
2,324 Posts
I'd love to see some CADPAT uniform, along with just about anything else. Variety is the spice of life so I love to see different patterns in the small scale. I mean there are already some odd camo patterns they did make so it would seem to make sense, but what do I know. If they make it though, I will buy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi

there is a cd around the has cadpat pattern on it in 1/6th scale so you just print it off on cloth and sew up your uniform

·
Average Guy
2,324 Posts
You say that like its so easy (no pun intended). But I have a hard time with a real button and there is no way I'd be able to sewn anything as complex as a 1/6 uniform, though I wish I could. So the best I could probably do is a 1/6 scale CADPAT dishdash at this point. Maybe I can get one of the tailors on base to do it though, where would you even get fabric printed with the pattern at?

hi

there is a cd around the has cadpat pattern on it in 1/6th scale so you just print it off on cloth and sew up your uniform

1 - 20 of 52 Posts