One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this set on eBay from a Hong Kong seller and I'm wondering if someone can identify the camouflage pattern and perhaps what company they come from. I think it might be a Russian pattern but I'm not sure. I have no idea if the quality is any good or how they will fit most figure bodies but they were fairly inexpensive so I decided to take a chance. They were just under $6 shipped. On eBay they were identified as "FC073 1/6 Clothing-Army Forest Tiger Stripe Uniform". Thanks.

Attachments

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
French Lizard pattern circa 1955 is my guess-
Actually something as similar as possible to that pattern is what I was looking for when I found them. For the French pattern I don't think there should be any black in them. Regardless they are the closest thing to French Lizard pattern that I could find that is currently availale.

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,010 Posts
Scimtar:
That's the Power team's tiger stripes. It's not French or anything- though it could pass for the old Equatorian pattern.
It's not very accurate but you could always use it as a 'commercial' pattern :)

xavier

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. Power team huh? I'll find a use for them. There's not much else out there that I've been able to find (that's easily available) that even remotely resembles the French lizard pattern so these will have to do until something better comes along. With a little fading and possibly a light tea bath to dull the vibrant colors they might look pretty good.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks rhoiye. That looks like them. I actually like the PTE stuff. I wonder if the camouflage pattern is a real pattern or if that's just something that PTE made up. I'll have to search some of the camouflage sites posted here. If for some reason they don't look right I can always turn them over to my son. He's always looking for uniforms for his Joes.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MFisher, that's exactly what I'm working on. I'm familiar with the TUS uniform. There is also a BBI mass market set that was close. Unfortunately both sets are extremely hard to find. In over a year of looking I've only seen the TUS figure on eBay one time but was outbid. I've never been able to find the BBI set anywhere. Currently there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choices for a 50-60's camouflage uniform for a Foreign Legionnaire.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have a couple of the Mat49's already. They're fairly nice. I haven't decided yet how I'm gonna do the uniform. I think the PTE uniform may look okay with a few modifications to dull the colors. I noticed on eBay that there is a hooded version of that PTE uniform and the colors don't look nearly as bright. Also they don't look as bright on the picture from PTE's website so hopefully the actual uniform will be a little more subdued than in the picture. Otherwise I may just go with some OD fatigues. I think the dragon US M43 airborne uniform is close to what the legion wore in the early 50's in Algeria. The ammo pouches are a bit of a concern. I think I have a pattern somewhere that I got from here or on another board. I already have most of the other stuff I need. I started gathering stuff for this bash a few years ago but put it on the back burner until I could find a suitable uniform.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen your figure on here before. It looks really good. If I can ever find the TUS set I will definitely try and get one. And yeah you would think that someone would have done that uniform by now. It's not like it's just limited to French subjects either. That pattern has been used by a number of nations over the years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.