One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen this figure pictured on a couple of websites but i can't find any better pictures or i can't find the item anywhere!
is it cyber hobby/limited edition or something?
I've recently delved into world war 2 British army, and this officer would go bloody nicely, there's very little officer material out there apart from the DiD one.
this is he

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
if i remember right it was an mdfc exclusive or something like that.way overpriced,i belive it was when c.h. was doing those el cheapo resin heads too.i remember lots of complaints about the crusher. id wait for the d.i.d .officer

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The above comment does it too much credit. It is rubbish, pure and simple. The whole thing is wrong in so many ways. As a cynic I believe this is deliberately understated as punishment for the then MDFC membership daring to NOT pick a certain moderators favourite topic. They had TWO votes on selecting the topic after the first didn't go the way it was intended (or thats how it seems to any rational observer particularly when supporting posts mysteriously vanished or were crudely edited by a certain Mod).
The whole concept of this figure is flawed:
1. This is supposed to be a Guards officer - no way without a tie (even in combat), wrong boots and insignia. They could have passed it off as a war service officer of most of the other regiments but chose to recycle existing - a recurring them
2. The Service cap is rubbish and would NOT have been worn in the line. This figure is supposed to be a Coy Comd (Majors comd COY's in the British Army - NOT Captians - despite the MDFC mods arguments to the contrary.

3. The Webbing is OK but a REAL officer would have had roughly the same as his men to avoid being targeted - this is well established from period pics, histories, memoirs etc. Not suitable for Front line

4. The Officers Service cap is rubbish and bears more resemblance to a Russian one than a Brit one

5. Boots are squaddies boots and not suitable for an Officer- Particularly a GD's officer

6. The BD trousers are flaired - more akin to the 70's disco scene

You are better off getting the new did guy and using a loose set of BD. Much cheaper in the long run.

This figure aka "Basil Faulty" is best avoided unless you wish it for collectors value. Debate of this figures lack of merit was directly responsible for the ejection of a large number of WW2 Brit collectors from the MDFC despite what the mods propaganda says.

It's overpriced rubbish - a cheap and nasty cobble up. No effort was put into this and it shows.
Spanner

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Basil Faulty, LOL!!

He does look a bit like Cleese though. It just goes to show that you shouldn't always believe what you see. If only there was a site like Michael Crawford's that solely reviewed military figures............

CHEERS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.