One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RYNO78
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls
Is there anybody who knows where I can get a hot toys bane head sculpt?
I can't find one for a fair price any where.
If anyone can help me please contact me.
Thankyou so much.

·
RYNO78
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can anybody help me please.

Thanks guys, I have seen this one already but really wanted and original hot toys as I'm not sure about custom copies (if there on par with the original).
Thank you anyway.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts

Ryan
I can tell you from personal experience, most of these "copies" coming out are really well done, almost as good as the original.

I say almost, because there are slight paint aps differences but really you would have to have one of each in your hands and compare them under a magnifiyer to see the difference.

For the price, I don't think you would go wrong buying this, you did say Fair price!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts

Ryan:

If you're demanding/expecting an original HT head sculpt for the price for clone/recast, then you may need to reconsider the hobby.

I suspect you have a need/want for a Bane head sculpt for a fair price, but I suspect you're put off by the prices of even clone/recast head sculpts to a degree.

Price is a sore point for many in this hobby.

With that said, I believe the Bane head sculpt in the link will suit your needs fine provided you can overcome your price hesitancy. Of course, you can continue to hold out and wait for a real HT head sculpt of Bane to show up on eBay at a price you can tolerated, but there is no guarantee of that.

As for the seller in the link, the seller is a OSW member (iyiyyy). Many of us have done business with him.

You may want to contact him and state you're a member of the OSW and you were referred to his site. Ask him if he could do a little better on the price. If he can, great. If not, then you can buy it for the price advertised or continue on your quest and wait.

Rest assured, the quality of the Bane head on that link is not sub-par in anyway.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts

To add to this, in terms of Supply and Demand you've got to consider that what you're looking for -- a HT Bane head -- doesn't really exist as a separate product and never did. It's not as if HT sells aftermarket parts like car manufacturers do. Ryan, you sound as if you're thinking dealers can just reorder loose heads from HT whenever they want but now they're marking them up too much. Not so.

That you could ever buy a separate HT Bane head resulted from individuals who bought the expensive figure to part and resell out its individual bits and pieces, of which the headsculpt was the most valuable component. No one knows HT production numbers but there were likely, say, only 5000 HT Bane's to begin with. The figure is more than two years old. The part-outs happened in 2012. Any head that was parted out and sold in 2012 likely got used by its purchaser. It probably isn't floating around for resale in 2014.

Some but not that many complete HT Bane's are being sold in 2014. They go for $400 to $500. Is someone supposed to pull off the head of one of those complete and mint Banes for you, and if so, what's a "fair price"?

If I were you, I wouldn't take even the availability of a $38 recast for granted, they may not be around forever. As for waiting for an original, in a post EBay world somewhere somehow you'll eventually find some, but their "fair price" will be something else again.

·
RYNO78
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for the info guys, I've gone for the $38 recast, it is my best and only option, I'm just a fussy builder and maybe my "fair price" comment was the wrong choice of word.
Thankyou all for your comments.
I shall take myself off to a dark room and have words with my self for my stupidity. ...lol

·
Registered
5,687 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, I've gone for the $38 recast, it is my best and only option, I'm just a fussy builder and maybe my "fair price" comment was the wrong choice of word.
Thankyou all for your comments.
I shall take myself off to a dark room and have words with my self for my stupidity. ...lol
Ryan, there was no stupidity involved and none of us were suggesting anything of the kind, even in jest. I think all that we wanted to point out is how this is a weird marketplace, that doesn't work by the same rules as mass market, off-the-shelf products. I think you'll be happy with the $38 Bane cast-- if your bash comes out well, show us the results if you want to.

·
RYNO78
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yeah....course I'm gonna show him to you all,
I'm unhappy with the articulation of the bane body and the ttm20's legs and bum are to big for bane's pants so I'm gonna use a hot toys thor light armour body with seamless arms so I can get that fluid arm look. Il keep you all posted on the progress.
And thanks again to you all......:cry:cry.....lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.