One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Alot of you are probably familiar with the PC game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Wel the prequel Clear Sky is coming out in early september( Yeah the release date got bumped :( )

Well I want to start some good stalker style bashes, so can anyone tel me what camo this guy on the first page is wearing?

http://www.luna-s-art.com/StalkerSpain/Clear_Sky_VR_Photobook/index.html

This is a really cool photo album with works from the upcoming game.

Thanks,

HL2

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I'm not at all adept to RU camo, but it looks like its a mix between http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00032.php and http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00006.php
It's probably just made up or influenced.

In 1/6, some company made some Chinese camo close to this colour scheme-grey,white, black and baby blue. To make it like the picture you'd have to weather it up a lot, maybe a tea bath and some of that funky orange paint HT weathers everything with. [unfortunately..]

Another route is to add the blue coffee stains to some urban B&W cammies using paint.

Neither of these have hoods so you'd have to fabricate that with some excess fabric.

The easiest [least head-achey and least expensive if you're willing to work for it] way would probably be to paint the dark grey, greyish-orange/sienna and sky/robins blue woodland pattern to a white winter oversmock. My colours keep changing because every picture changes with lighting -_-
The basic look would be faded grey and light blue stains on faded-dingy-white.

Then you'd have to add the shoulder armour pads too, they look like they're just stuck on there. You could use some knee or elbow pads for that and use some putty to make the lines.

Can't tell if he has armour, but the helmet guy's looks like BBi Barretts could be a good choice, and the officers some sort of vest with molle straps. They all seem to just wear a chest rig for the ammo pouches.

Never played the game before, or even thought about it. But if its driven you to bash it up, it may be worth a rental ;) The album looks really good too. I like the RU gasmask/guy standing in the archway next to a fence, got to find me one of those, maybe bash him up ;)

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Excellent choice for bashing material. Very interesting looking game too. Saiko gave you some good starters, I thought about that Chinese figure release of a couple of years ago. Can't say for sure but you may be able to hunt it up if you look on eBay, the Russian camo by bbi is a good second choice and I know you can still find that on eBay. It's a little more work but Saiko's idea using a winter oversmock is probably more accurate to the original drawing - you'd get a better looking figure.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Well, that looks like "Skyblue" camo, you can get it in ever military surplus store. Never saw such a thing in 1/6 tho. I mean, its hard enough to find Urban Camo like that.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
You may want to look at bbi's "Krechet" figures. Although not exactly the same, it may be modifiable to look like it. The other option is a set of gray-toned urban camo BDU's from 21st Century's SWAT series; these are pretty hard to come by these days though, with evilbay being your only option. Good luck!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
Looks like the Kretchet might work with a real light grey dye job. It's more of a tiger camo though. Or re-dye some woodland camo somehow.

Definately a night camo with the blues and greys, even if it's not an actual pattern.

·
Read Only
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah guys, Im thinking for this I will go for woodland, but I will first try to fade it with a few a diluted bleach a few times and then dye it blue with rit-dye, only trouble is I dont know where to buy "Rit-Dye". :S

I think that kretchets BDU's will be great for a Merc in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.

Now all I need to do is track down the Ultimate Soldier, Russian Paratroopers gear. :p

HL2

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Yeah guys, Im thinking for this I will go for woodland, but I will first try to fade it with a few a diluted bleach a few times and then dye it blue with rit-dye, only trouble is I dont know where to buy "Rit-Dye". :S

I think that kretchets BDU's will be great for a Merc in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.

Now all I need to do is track down the Ultimate Soldier, Russian Paratroopers gear. :p

HL2
You can pick up Rit Dye at Walmart or most arts & Crafts stores.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.