One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
What kind of day did you have?
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at my gun guys shop...He lets me use the machine shop whenever I need to.

He and his buddies are unpacking some guns they got in a package trade deal...some of them were pretty nappy lookin.

Through all the ohhs ahhhs and general banter as they dig through the boxes one Rifle produced a collective groan of dismay and shock from all onlookers...

This monstrosity...that poor rifle.

More banter about what they can do with it and then silence...I look up to notice they are all looking at me.

"matt can fix it", they say.
To which I reply "what?...what can I fix?"
They hold up the AR from a pile of bubble wrap and I recoiled in horror...My god....what manner of man could do such a thing? I asked to myself.

"What can you do with this?" one asks...as I take it up to inspect it....To which I reply...."This"...as I calmly place the gun in the trash can...General laughter ensues...I put it in a box and take it home.

It's an odd lttle gun...16in bbl, triangle A1 handguard with an A2 upper.

Spent an hour or so with an airbrush, and this is what I came up with.

If it were up to me I would have stripped it tossed the plastic and re blacked it but thats me.

This way its somewhat presentable and it will probly fly out the door with about as little cost or effort as possible.

<M>

·
Show me the beaver!
233 Posts
Not too shabby bud but I'd get rid of that A1 handguards and put some A2 handguards on there. Good save on the camo too, did the original owner just get bored/tired of doing it and never finished? But it still looks too "clean", I prefer this type of camo job: http://www.pbase.com/image/19094464 (that's a friend's airsoft gun btw)

·
SEXUAL DYNAMO
418 Posts
Primus;
That's a nicely painted weapon. BUT, dude that guy has a blood chit on his shoulder "AB POS" :lol

You Can's must play a vicious version of Airsoft up there eh? What do you guys play with 2000 fps? [J/K] :rolling

·
Show me the beaver!
233 Posts
LOL! Naw, he's just one of the guys that goes full out on gear and the right "look". Don't forget us weekend warriors like to emulate the real deal ;)

·
Time Lord Of Flatbush
5,917 Posts
Q_Con... SMOKIN PAINT JOBS !

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mister nutterbutter....er I mean Primus...the original owners are in the graybar hotel now.
The guns were confiscated by a tiny municipality in a meth raid...they were able to get approval to trade the weapons in for much needed weapons upgrades and tactical gear.
Deals like that are sadly the only way some of these "lesser" departments can ever get ahead. Thankfully there are provisions for these kinda deals and everyone comes out ahead...sept the bad guys.
So that there my friend is a genuine druglord camo job...the original pic that is...don't say much about mister druglord does it...:D

Q those are some sa-weet camo jobs...I had a mind to go all out like that but the man didn't want to spend the money and I didn't want to spend the time.
So I made it passable for resale and left it at that..;)

<M>

·
Show me the beaver!
233 Posts
OMG that is too funny man! See what happens when you do the "drugs" kids, you don't finish your camo paintjob.

Oh and Matt, wtf is up with mr. nutterbutter? ;) You don't see me going around calling you a fuzzy socksucker now do you! :p

As soon as my Crane stock comes in I'll be able to paint my M4 and hopefully showcase it here if I don't screw up.

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Holy **** Q Con, those are the nicest weapons I've ever seen!!!
As Clarence Bodiker says in Robocop - "Guns! Guns ! Guns!"
Yeah QCon!!!! Screensaver!!!!!

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Primus...heh...least I didn't call you Sathington Willoughby...:D

Besides I should have said Professor Nutterbutter...much more respectable...My bad. :thumb

Matt

·
Music City Bacon
1,717 Posts
OK.. so I am straying somewhat from topic.. but still in the same vein as part of the discussion here :)
Anyway.. speaking of druglords getting their stuff taken away, i worked a home invasion in my patrol zone on christmas eve... the "victim" calls us and tells us that two suspects had broken into his home, but he lit them up with a .40 cal and they fled... (one showed up at the hospital about 15 minutes later shot in the face, abdomen and both forearms... you just cannot kill these roaches) So while we are having our Crime Scene guys process the scene we stumble upon a kilo and a half of cocaine and 20k dollars cash... you'd think that before you call the po-lice to the house you'd hide your stuff... anyway.. our "victim" had EVERYTHING seized... too funny

·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh Like I said...don't say much for the bad guys does it..:lol

Dumb a$$es.....

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts