One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'this TV' Kansas City is an over the air digital station here in KC, that shows a lot of movies and old TV series. Some pretty good stuff, and some pretty bad stuff too.

Today they showed The Tomb, a strange take on Egyptian dead showing up in modern times.

The online station site described it thus:

The Tomb

Original Release Date: Oct 31, 1986

Nefratis, an ancient Egyptian princess, comes to life in the modern world...seeking the blood of the living.

The Tomb

Original Release Date: Oct 31, 1986
Additional Airings

Nefratis, an ancient Egyptian princess, comes to life in the modern world...seeking the blood of the living.

Cast
Michelle Bauer
Sybil Danning
John Carradine
Richard Hench
Kitten Natividad
Cameron Mitchell
David Pearson
Mamie Van Doren
Susan Stokey
Quite a bunch of film notables, in a B-list sort of way. A pretty bad film all in all, even stealing from 1984's The Terminator, shamelessly heisting the slow-mo club scene.

When I checked out the synopsis on TWC's onscreen listing, I got this:

The Tomb
(1986) An Egyptian princess (Cameron Mitchell) rises
from the dead and goes to California for the amulets
she needs. Michelle Bauer, Cameron Mitchell, Richard
Allen Hench, Director: Fred Olsen Ray 2 hr
Mitchell had a long, and pretty decent career, after serving as a bombardier in WW2. He died in 1994. Among some of my favorite of his films were Hombre, Hell and High Water, and They Were Expendable. He had a good run on the TV western The High Chaparral. Admittedly, he also made some bad ones too. That doesn't take away from his talent as a character actor.

Mitchell (R) with Marshall Thompson (L), from 'They Were Expendable'.

Is the goof funny? Yeah, a bit. Mostly tho, whatever they are paying their writer, it is too much.

-----

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
I feel Cameron Mitchell is a very under appreciated actor to this day due to him being more famous for the variety of low budget films ranging from horror to sci-fi films and his output on TV his later years than his early & earnest acting roles in Hollywood.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
WoW !!! I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman had great range as an actor. But Cameron Mitchell as an Egyptian Princess. Now that I'd like to see.

;-)

not to mention Sybil Danning , Kitten Natividad and Mamie Van Doren in the same flick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts