One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
On 27th September 2014, students and citizens of Hong Kong went on peaceful protests for true democracy, in responses, the HKSAR Administrations authorized the police force to use excessive pepper spray and unleashed countless tear gas against the unarmed and peaceful crowd of Hong Kong People... the struggle is still on with ten of thousands still on the streets of Hong Kong...

As an One Sixth Artist, I am recently suffering from serious back pain which limited my mobility, as much as I would love to join the protest, I couldn't, and this is my own humble way to pay tribute to the people of Hong Kong, please support democracy in Hong Kong, support our umbrella revolution!

·
Watching
894 Posts
70 views and nobody wanted to comment on this one? Great dio and poses Calvin, this is a piece of both art and history. Good luck and I hope nobody else gets hurt out there.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
70 views and nobody wanted to comment on this one? Great dio and poses Calvin, this is a piece of both art and history. Good luck and I hope nobody else gets hurt out there.
Heartfelt thanks Warden!!!
Least I could do bro, being crippled, tear gas would make me choke then hurt my back even more...

I am not sure if I am the first one using figures for political purpose, but I most certainly hope I won't be the last one...

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,876 Posts
I've been watching this on the news, and seeing Brian (ACI) updates on FB. Nice way to show your support for the demonstration

·
Registered
724 Posts
I surport democracy in Hong Kong! Government for the people, by the people... Great figures as well.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been watching this on the news, and seeing Brian (ACI) updates on FB. Nice way to show your support for the demonstration
I surport democracy in Hong Kong! Government for the people, by the people... Great figures as well.
Heartfelt thanks lurpdog101 and *******!!! It means lots to us little ppl in Hong Kong!!!

And yeah, the umbrella and some of the outfits are ACI's indeed...

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Brilliant dio Calvin!!! Absolutely brilliant!

I am so proud of the people of Hong Kong - tens of thousands of people on the streets and not one window broken, not one car burned, not one business looted.

People are donating food, water, and face masks, other people have set up phone charging stations and churches have thrown open their doors to be used as rest centres for protesters.

·
They're not dolls R they?
1,698 Posts
Awesome, artwork as usual Calvin !!
How long did it take you do make this up ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not sure what the forum rules are about political speech, but let me say I love your work as always, Calvin, and I'm hoping for the best for the people of Hong Kong. Today, I couldn't be more proud of you guys if I had been born there, myself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
We support democracy in Hong Kong!! And we support your umbrella revolution!
You should take care of yourself.

Thank you!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
While the thread contains comments that could be considered political, Calvin's figures are legitimate 1:6 subjects. Some editing has been done, those bits being readily accessible outside this forum.

This is not the first time a figure has been posted, which could be construed as pointedly political. Doubtless it will be the last. Others have been left on the page, also after editing. Members are asked to keep their comments limited to the figures, as best as possible, which is a support in itself.

Great job, Calvin.

Mike

·
WHAT?!! No cupcakes?!
526 Posts
Members are asked to keep their comments limited to the figures, as best as possible, which is a support in itself.
A very fair way of handling what could be an easily politicized discussion. I will do my best.

CLo, I think certainly your passion and perhaps the conviction of the populace is expertly captured in this work. The level of customization, posing, and also photographic and digital enhancement combines for a piece worthy of such a moving topic. Well done, Sir.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Excellent figures, sir, both in creativity and content.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts