One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything that ends has a new beginning. Human rose, dominated planet Earth in less than 3000 years, managed to achieve the very peak of "matters" civilization, and ended up almost destroying everything that matters...

To better understand what went wrong, in order to re-establish what humanity is consist of (after all, what is human without humanity), the cyborg race post-human conducted a thorough examination of human history, their religions, politics, emotions, hope and fear, thinking mechanism, behavior patterns, belief systems... all of which are more mythology than science to the cyborgs, for when one has already acquired a close to perfect body, and almost immortality, moral has no meanings... until they realized something is missing, a purpose of existence...

From the examinations, the cyborgs discovered the duality in human design, like the "0" and "1" in human's ancient data processing machines, very much like the planet's habitat in the age of old, there was a moon in the night that echoes the sun in the day, there were femininity on the right side of human's brain, to balance the masculinity on the left, when they were in balance, human managed to achieve harmony, but something upset that duality and suppressed the right side of their brains, and it was a slow death of humanity, and that is why in the end the "Elders", last of mankind, and the very first post-human cyborgs decided to eliminate that duality all together, and merge everything into ONEness, without sides, there would not be needed for balance... so they thought...

Is an irony, human with all their imperfection and imbalance, they managed to convinced themselves the purpose of living in their every waking moments... cyborgs achieved perfection and eliminated all possibilities of imbalance, lost their purposes...

So, they look at this statue created and left behind by the "Elders", they called it "Caduceus", and it is said that whoever understood the encryption shall be set free... ...

Thanks for looking!
Cal
Calvin's Custom
Cyborg Corps

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Lovely piece of art! Very clever with a fantastic story behind it! It's almost like a Holy trinity but with male, female and death as opposed to the usual "life" associated with male and female pairing.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely piece of art! Very clever with a fantastic story behind it! It's almost like a Holy trinity but with male, female and death as opposed to the usual "life" associated with male and female pairing.
Thanks a lot shovelchop81, you might say this is the flip side of the same coin, when femininity and masculinity are in balance, there is life, when there are not in sync, death, a little reflection on how the left brain fraternity social structure has driven our history towards, lots of "I" and not enuf "we"...

Actually, I was basing it on a per-historical mythical symbol widely used across culture, the two intertwined serpents, I think is telling us something we have long forgotten... I named the computer file of this piece "DNA" :p

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Thanks a lot shovelchop81, you might say this is the flip side of the same coin, when femininity and masculinity are in balance, there is life, when there are not in sync, death, a little reflection on how the left brain fraternity social structure has driven our history towards, lots of "I" and not enuf "we"...

Actually, I was basing it on a per-historical mythical symbol widely used across culture, the two intertwined serpents, I think is telling us something we have long forgotten... I named the computer file of this piece "DNA" :p
AHA! This is interesting;

FacebookTwitterEmailPrint ArticlePrint Page
Doctors' symbol: A staff or rod with a snake curled around it. This is the Rodof Aesculapius (also called Asklepios), the ancientmythical god of medicine. Asklepios may have been a real person who wasrenowned for his gentle remedies and humane treatment of thementally ill.Today, the staff of Aesculapius is a commonly used symbol of medicine. It is the symbol of the American Medical Association (AMA) and many other medical societies.
A similar symbol, the caduceus, was the staff of the Greek god Hermes. The caduceus is usually depicted with two snakes and a pair of wings and is often used mistakenly as a symbol of medicine.

Caduceus: A staff with two snakes entwined about it, topped by a pair of wings. The caduceus was carried by the Greek messenger god Hermes, whose Roman counterpart was Mercury, and is therefore the sign of a herald. By a curious misconception, the caduceus also became the insignia of the US Army Medical Corps and a well-known symbol of physicians and medicine. The Corps should have chosen the symbol of medicine: the rod of Aesculapius, which has only one snake and no wings. No wings were necessary because the essence of medicine was not speed. The single serpent that could shed its skin and emerge in full vigor represented the renewal of youth and health.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
A sincere tip of my beloved Clemson cap to you, sir.

That's one mighty riveting figure. Beautiful on every level. I absolutely concur with Ephiane's allusion to the piece as a "musical composition." It soars.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AHA! This is interesting;

FacebookTwitterEmailPrint ArticlePrint Page
Doctors' symbol: A staff or rod with a snake curled around it. This is the Rodof Aesculapius (also called Asklepios), the ancientmythical god of medicine. Asklepios may have been a real person who wasrenowned for his gentle remedies and humane treatment of thementally ill.Today, the staff of Aesculapius is a commonly used symbol of medicine. It is the symbol of the American Medical Association (AMA) and many other medical societies.
A similar symbol, the caduceus, was the staff of the Greek god Hermes. The caduceus is usually depicted with two snakes and a pair of wings and is often used mistakenly as a symbol of medicine.

Caduceus: A staff with two snakes entwined about it, topped by a pair of wings. The caduceus was carried by the Greek messenger god Hermes, whose Roman counterpart was Mercury, and is therefore the sign of a herald. By a curious misconception, the caduceus also became the insignia of the US Army Medical Corps and a well-known symbol of physicians and medicine. The Corps should have chosen the symbol of medicine: the rod of Aesculapius, which has only one snake and no wings. No wings were necessary because the essence of medicine was not speed. The single serpent that could shed its skin and emerge in full vigor represented the renewal of youth and health.
LOL!!! I am aware of the above, actually, I traced the symbol even further back then those stated above, but then would be quite esoteric and might not be pleasant to people of certain belief, so I just leave it out in the open for interpretations :p

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A sincere tip of my beloved Clemson cap to you, sir.

That's one mighty riveting figure. Beautiful on every level. I absolutely concur with Ephiane's allusion to the piece as a "musical composition." It soars.
Thanks so much dadrab, I know it is not the usual cool looking, superheroes type figures, but is what I am moving towards after 10 years in the hobby... getting old I guess :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts