One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've spent the past few weeks gathering up pieces to customise my Cal-Tek Preacher. I was aiming for game-accuracy, preserving the original's light, agile look, with a little Neptune's Spear influence thrown in.

Toys City: radio with Sordin headset

Crazy-Dummy: flashbangs

Soldier Story: FAST helmet, NVG mount arm

Dam Toys: GPNVG-18, Manta strobe, Contour helmet-cam, helmet lamp, HE grenade, PlastiCuffs, glowsticks, Gerber pouch

Cal-Tek: tomahawk

Easy & Simple: HK 416

Aside from installing the V-lite strobes on the helmet, I'd like to think this is 'finished', but I can't help but think that something is missing or something was incorrectly placed, particularly the PlastiCuffs - I wanted to put them on the MOLLE straps on Preacher's hydration pack, but it was too tight squeezing them in, so I settled for strapping them on the right shoulder strap of his chest rig with a bit of plastic-coated twist-tie. Please let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions!

Call-out to 1911williams for his advice and hooking me up with parts - many thanks!

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts
Defintiely some great add on pieces to the MOH Preacher!

If I'm being honest I'd say he needs to be "tightened" up a bit still. You're definitely on the right track with the gear, but there are a few things you can do to take it a step further.

Maybe tighten up the laces on the boots and tuck them in. See about filling out the pouches with some mags (the foam filler can be okay, but doesn't look very realistic). Run the radio cables inside the vest to get them out of the way.

Just some suggestions. Keep up the good work!:thumb

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback so far - it's much appreciated!

Eddie - the radio shouldn't be too hard to source, but for the helmet, I recommend waiting for the SS Neptune's Spear 2.0 figure and getting its helmet and associated hardware. As an aside, I'm actually tempted to get that figure's HK 416 - the one I currently have was meant for another figure, but I thought it would be put to better use on Preacher.

ArtDamage - thanks for the recommendations! I've tucked the laces up and ran the radio cables under the shoulder straps on the chest rig, and it looks a lot neater already. I've got the spare P-mags from the LaRue in his magazine pouches, but there's still a bit of room in them, so they don't look 'filled'.

Finally, I was considering getting some thin strips of sticky-tape to tape two mags on the HK 416 together 'jungle style', but for the sake of realism, I'm wondering, is this still done? I understand that the exposed magazine would be vulnerable to dust or dirt, which would be less than ideal if that magazine is actually used.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(thread necro)

I didn't want to make a new thread for these photos, so I just dug up my old one. Hope you like them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts