One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting some issue Arid cadpat, not that frontac stuff.

What do i have to look for when buying say Gen1 gear with exposed buttons.
I have seen a shirt but looks like it don't have Velcro name tag or Velcro thing on left are for flag/arm band.

Dose this look real ? Or is it a better replica type ?
BTW it's from Canada

Cheers Eric

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,121 Posts
Looks like a replica. I have pics of some of the actual gear. Unless this is early stuff, but I don't think it is. Give away is the pockets have no covers over the buttons.

You will have a VERY HARD time finding actual AR CADPAT gear while the CF are in Afghanistan. Soldiers that are going there don't get all of their gear together till they are in theatre. They fit it all in Canada, it goes into individual kit storage, and it is shipped, so only the uniform itself goes with the soldiers. When they return, they are required to turn in all the AR gear (I would imagine all the specialized gear), and it goes back into storage, or gets re-issued. This info came directly from a friend in the CF, who is currently in Afhanistan. I was told all this before he went over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cadpat

Hiya,,, They are definately fake,,, as i just got issued my cadpat,,,they are a re-issue,,, slant pockets on the sleeve and all.,,is going sometime.
Now the next question is,,, whose going to give a go at bashing ANA???

Just my 2 cents ,,,

Cheers,, Starlight737

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,121 Posts
Starlight, are you saying yours have the sleeve pockets now? The ones my friend have don't have the sleeve pockets. They take the built in gaiters from the legs of the pants, and have locals sew on sleeve pockets, because of the armour and TV covering the jacket pockets.

·
Registered
688 Posts
it looks like the real thing but it doesnt matter weather its authentic or not,it woudnt be a good idea to were it out in public tho, people will think your pretending to be a soldier or something, but l would like to have the desert uniform as a collector to remember the afghan mission .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts